yet another geek test :D

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by Celerity@Nov 7 2003, 01:52 PM
Oh boy Calesta, I can easily see this turning into a geek battle right here !

Did you write your own plain sentence parser ? Got BASICA? Remember when Turbo was the upgrade? (Turbo Pascal, Turbo C) Have you tried to hollow out an Atari joystick for a shiftknob? Do you use Trackball exclusively ? Ever written your own OpenGL driver so you could use your SpaceOrb to play Quake 2?

I can now type 83wpm including backspaces. I have forgotten about right clicking, because I keystrokes are the way to go. With a quick Ctrl-R -> CMD I can navigate a computer file system far better.

This stuff is fun.

-> Steve

As a note, I'm trying to revert my life back to 1989. Lemme know if any of you guys have a Vectrex you wanna sell :)

wow, i understood none of that :sleep:. Only got a 6.5% <_<

Originally posted by Celerity@Nov 7 2003, 01:52 PM
Oh boy Calesta, I can easily see this turning into a geek battle right here !

:lol:

Definitely.

Parser? No, don't program all that much, not even the simple stuff. I'm trying to remedy that right now, but I'm focused more on grad school engineering than programming these days.

BASICA? Yup. Supa ol' skoooo

Turbo as an upgrade, yeah I remember that! I guess we'll have to start seeing "Nitrous C++++++" or something.

Atari- not quite old enough to have had tons of exposure with Atari goodies. I played my share, but I was too young to be modifying the joysticks.

Trackball? I think they suck... I can't use one worth a damn. I prefer s00per d00per doohickey cordless mice with multiple optical sensors and a zillion buttons. Now on a Mac, you almost HAVE to use a trackball, since max sensitivity still requires to skate your whole desk a few times to get across the screen. I never wrote a driver for a SuperOrb because I never wanted to use one, plus I thought the Quake2 engine sucked so I never played it very much.

I DO modify mice to run smoother/faster on the desk though. A little teflon here, some material removal there... ;)

My typing speed is right up there with yours, provided I'm not on a crappy straight keyboard like I am at work right now.. carpal tunnel syndrome symptoms really suck. When I was 22 I couldn't even pick up a 5 pound bag and then curl my wrist up- that's when you know you've abused your hands at the keyboard too much.

File system browsing... in a command line environment like non-X Linux I can run through pretty damn fast, but I've succumbed to using the file browser in Winblowz. I never have to dig for much stuff- but keyboard shortcuts and some GUI customizations make it decently fast. I'm always dealing with a huge monster files anyway, so I never have to look very hard for them.

Vectrex?

:)

:repost:
Chris put this up a while back...

58% Extreme Geek.

While I miss most of the GenX geekiness I get 99% of the programmer geekiness. Never written a RegX parser but where is the I KNOW:
what a shift/reduce conflict is.
and how it effects an LR parser
what smalltalk is
the difference between a Red-Black and an AVL tree is

Or I HAVE:
thought about using yacc to implement an English grammar checker.
actually worked on it.

They really need some more programmer geek in there.

this one was a little different but pretty much the samething

Originally posted by lsvtec@Nov 7 2003, 01:49 PM
58% Extreme Geek.

NNOOO!!
I'm down to 4th place geek... I've fallen off the podium!

EDIT: At least I nabbed page 2 :)

54.04339% - Super Geek WTF am I gonna do now? You bastages should have never posted this, now I have to admit it to myslef and find a support group LOL :lol:

No lie, got a 3.94477% - Poser, and what the fu@k I don't read books unless it's a repair manual and I can't figure it out. I didn't know even one of those authors. God damnit look as if I am destined not to be a geek, although I have been called one.

29.78304% - Total Geek haha, im gonna get my dad to take this. hes the biggest geek i know, ill post up what he got, lol.

10.25641% - Geekish Tendencies

WTF, why is there a decimal?

I think actually knowing how to write in Basic is what got me into the two digit zone

Back