Yet another stupid noob ?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

cleanLS

So i just found out the motor i got from the junk yard is a v-tec motor(D15Z1). So what computer do i need to work? Any v-tec computer will work right? Single and dual cam v-tec?Or just single cam v-tec? Shit i'm confuseing myself writing this. I'm an idiot.

Find a computer that is for your motor. It will be obd1. Any obd1 computer will work but they all have different fuel and ignition maps. So if you want your car to run good get the ecu that matches your engine.

use a p28 ecu from a d16z6, d15b and d16z6 are close enough that it shouldn't matter, you are prolly gonna have to wire vtec tho.
you can get the ecu from a 92-95 civic si or ex

Yeah P28.........would be the best bet.

I am assuming the d15z1 is the economy vtec engine. I have heard that they make good power on a p28 almost like a z6. But i hear that the cam profiles do not suit the ecu because they are made for low rpm fuel consumption.

The exact ECU for that engine is a P07. I got a D15Z1 that I pulled from my EG if you need any parts in particular except for the head. (Just throwing it out there) :)

Back