you can have any car in the world

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
hmmmm after little to no thinking....

epi's 600+ awhp R32
or
evo's 500+ awhp S4.... and ofcouse id be the avant...

It would be a toss up between an old 240Z that was on a show room some where or locked up in a barn for 30 years, or an old 20+ windo VW van.

Why...well, upkeep...looking at what I have in the garage..I could keep the Z a classic and drive it, or just restore the van...but if they were in mint condition...then they would sit in the garage....

Parts to restore a Z are still farely cheap, as are some for the VW van...

Insurance...super cheap...I pay $50 a month on my Z,....and that is full coverage...

Emmissions in CT doesn't even apply to the Z...or the van...

The garage will soon be climate controllable with all the work I did to it this year....

The price he would pay for a decent or totally mint Z or VW van would still be under 30K's...and when you register it thru CT...all you have to claim for the buy price is $300...and the tax will be less than $100...

Keep it and upkeep it for 3 years...stored away in a safe place is very doable...even if I didn't drive it.....

I wouldn't go 3 years...but I would opt to do nothing to it for 5-10 years...let it sit in a preservable condition , and wait til the baby boomers get rich and then plop the car out on the auction table and watch what the car will get... which in 5-10 years...most of the old Z's will be gone....and a few will remain and become litterally priceless, along with the 20+ window VW vans....

Why......

There was an artical a few months about what cars have retained their value or what they have increased with value...and according to the Wall Street Journal, Z's have increased by 20 fold, while the more limited production 20+ window VW vans have increased by 50 fold....so get one and sit on it for another 10 years, and then auction it off and you can litterally buy a mansion.....

Same was said with the $5000 Dodge Chargers...now those damn cars are in the $250K's area...the baby boomers are the reason.....

And when I get rich, and after another 20 years...if I saw an old 87 Honda CRX....I'd prolly dump over a million on it.....if I was ever that rich at that time...

just watch the car auctions, learn what the older generations are paying out the ass for...and think about what will not be around in the distant future....live and learn....

And your uncle didn't say you had to drive it...... :wink: Just keep it for over 3 years.... :p

Ohh...and my property tax on my Z is only like $9 a year....hehe

1988 Honda Accord 2.0si I16 ALB with *ALL* the trimmings, Mugen VariableSUS, the whole nine.

RHD of course.

well, if my cool uncle paid the import fee's maybe a true ITR or CTR or skyline gtr. But for us spec cars id def say an EVO MR, id still have a DD and in a few years when i feel like voiding the warranty 500 awhp could be fun.... :p

edit: and id prolly still just use the mr as a DD because awd rocks and i get alot of snow in the hills

Ferrari 360 Stradale Challenge. :)
stradale.jpg

No brainer. Skyline.

If it HAD to be a USDM car. AMG SL55 or a Carrera GT.

Insurance isnt that bad if you have a good record. plus if its paid for worst case you could have basic coverage. =)

[quote name='2000Si' date='Nov 1 2005, 07:32 PM' post='608652']
[quote name='B16' post='608643' date='Nov 1 2005, 07:12 PM']

:wub:
[/quote]

So what is the cost of changing the spark plugs? and insurance?

An older friend of mine use to have a Ferrari in the 70s. He loved the car but couldnt stand the insurance it was something like $800 a month back then!!!!!! long story short the car was stolen and he was super happy. he was able to get his money back on the car and buy something else. As of right now he owns a Viper.

Hmmm... all of these would be within reach:

New Viper
C3 Corvette (notchback, pre 78) with LS7 drivetrain, modern suspension and modern interior
Ariel Atom (easiest on pocketbook) with more boost on the supercharger

Black Toyota Supra TT - 98', Hardtop, 6 Speed, tan interior. JDM ECU jumper and let the games begin.

Granted, I'd probably look for one with significant mods done to it, as I'm still in college and have nowhere near the bank to modify one.

Such as... This

Or...This (Not black though, but I guess the 1300hp would make up for that).

Have to invest in a good radar detector though...

Quoted post[/post]]

An older friend of mine use to have a Ferrari in the 70s. He loved the car but couldnt stand the insurance it was something like $800 a month back then!!!!!! long story short the car was stolen and he was super happy. he was able to get his money back on the car and buy something else. As of right now he owns a Viper.

:gives: I'll never even be able to afford that car. But I would love to test drive one.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

:wub:

Whatever it is I could afford it if thats all I was paying. Or make it my dedicated track car and forget insurance. :)

Quoted post[/post]]
No brainer. Skyline.

If it HAD to be a USDM car. AMG SL55 or a Carrera GT.

Insurance isnt that bad if you have a good record. plus if its paid for worst case you could have basic coverage. =)

I agree with the GTR. Its probably easy to maintain since the other Japanese "supercars" are also relatively "easy" to maintain too; no $1000 oil changes or anything. Also since it doesnt have any insurance quotes, you basically to name your price as a kit car and pay watever. Just cross your fingers and pray it doesnt get stolen if you go low ball. Plus it sounds like the motor and the car is built for abuse as many have made crazy hps and beat the shit out of them regularly. You also get uniqueness if you care about that. Probably can count the number of those things in the US on all your toes and fingers.

Oh yeah and the Carerra GT??? :ph34r: I dont think i could even afford a month of owning that thing.

I'd probably buy a [boosted] S2k. It would be reasonable, and I could afford the payments on it (most likely). That's a more sensible goal for me at the moment.

A spoon NSX.

No, they don't exist as far as I know, but I'm sure your overly generous uncle wouldn't mind having one built.

Super car, with not too bad insurance and maintnence. Who gives a crap about sales tax. Its like 8% of the value of the car.

thats what i was gonna say last year production nsx this is the last year i think

I think there is away around it. I read somewhere in the NASA or whatever that does the importing cars thingy that if the car has xx numbers made and are limited, they dont need to qualify or anything. This is how Bill Gates and others got the Porsche 959 over since it was never made to sell in the US.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back