You guys are going to hate me....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

What's a drivers license? :confused:

I've never had a NJ license, they say if I pay the surcharges, they'll reward me with one in 2022, I think it's actually longer then that but that's the absolute earliest. I do have a valid PA license though, but unfortunately, not much longer. The DOT's merged and PA is gonna take it away also. :(

It would be uber hard. You'd have to fab an entire rear wheel drive setup into your car. As of this time there's no easy way to run that motor with a front wheel drive transmission. I'd skip it if I were you...

Reference the "V8 into EF" thread getting all the hits in the lounge section for more details on exactly how hard it would be...

speaking of a v8 in a small car it can be done :) when my buddy blew the motor in his
96 imprezza we put a chevy 350 in it and that shit rips ass... unfortunately we cant find anyone who will let it pass inspection

I've seen the RWD civic hatch. Forgot what model it was, only remember it was red and I think it made me drool a little.

I wish I had that much money to do that.

Are you talking about the red EG with the S2K setup? Yeah, that car would have been a lot nicer if they hadn't put giant chrome rims on it and about 1,000 lbs worth of stereo crap in the back...
What's a drivers license? :confused:

exactly

<----doesnt have one:D

So did you guys just never get them, got them taken away, what? Do you just drive around hoping like hell that you won't get pulled over?

speaking of a v8 in a small car it can be done :) when my buddy blew the motor in his
96 imprezza we put a chevy 350 in it and that shit rips ass... unfortunately we cant find anyone who will let it pass inspection

Well yeah, of course it's possible. Anything's possible with time, experience, and money. I'm just saying that fabbing a V8 (or the S2K motor) and RWD setup onto a car that's originally FWD is a hell of a chore...

Are you talking about the red EG with the S2K setup? Yeah, that car would have been a lot nicer if they hadn't put giant chrome rims on it and about 1,000 lbs worth of stereo crap in the back....

Yea, i was just amazed at the work.

I say swap a SR20DET in a civic and drift it.
That'd be some hot shit right there.

$8/hr isn't that much, but at least it's work. try to save as much as you can. Look for stuff that pays a little bit more in the mean time. things are sure to turn around.
yea well minimum wage here in TN is $5.35 so I see $8/hr as a pretty good start for someone with virtually no experience. I just need some money to get things started and hopefully someday put myself through school. To be entirely honest I don't think mechanics is a skill I have quite developed at all and developing it to begin with will be a pain but my love for imports will not allow me to do otherwise, so I'll either be failing or learning the trade until the day I die :D

if you have to ask, you don't have the skill, tools, or know-how to pull it off.

forget it

eh I would have to disagree I, I have access to a fully stocked garage, this is not something I need to have done anytime soon so I will keep researching and work with it, if I fuck something up so be it, if not, great! but I don't see any other option for me. What better way to learn then to dive in.

Last edited:

We did complete rebuild on a 350 small block and did a big shot of nitrous on that thing in a '89 rx7 damn that thing is sick.

Yea, i was just amazed at the work.

I say swap a SR20DET in a civic and drift it.
That'd be some hot shit right there.

Yeah the engine work was sweet, no doubt. I just wish they'd have made it a little more performance oriented. I think it was a show car though, so somewhat understandable...

i have a enzo engine in my lawnmower. i got to say that thing sucks i dont get why its so slow! i mean the guy said it
was a real ferarri enzo engine... i payed like 600g for the damn thing :(

:D:):D:)

Last edited:
Back