1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

z6 in ef Help

Discussion in 'Civic and CRX - EF' started by slayer1927, May 18, 2011.

1. slayer1927

slayer1927 New Member

Ok so we went to the junkyard and found a perfect z6 with harness and ecu . We are going to do the swap next week . I need to know can I use the stock obd0 or do I need to use a jumper and what problems will I run into?

2. RHDism

RHDism Right Hand Drive guru

Unless your EF is an Si, you will need to convert to mpfi. Definitely go with obd1, and a p28 ecu.
    Otherwise its a fairly simple swap. Post pix.

Any problems or issues you might run into are covered with good write ups here or H-T.

Last edited: May 18, 2011
  3. D16SiHatch

D16SiHatch New Member

keep the stock harness and convert it to mpfi if your car isn't an Si or Hf. as said above, get yourself a p28, and convert to obd1.

4. Jeef

Jeef NO MA'AM Moderator VIP

If a dx you need to upgrade to mpfi. Make sure you have the parts to do that before you start your swap. Technically you can run an obd0 mpfi ecu and use a tach or toggle switch to activate vtec. Ghetto but it works. I had to do it when I did my swap like 10 years ago. A month or two later I got an obd0 to obd1 harness adapter and a p28. A much better way to go.

5. slayer1927

slayer1927 New Member

Ok sounds good we have already went mpfi it has problems but we are things it is with the air intake , So what I am going to do is swap motors the ecu will work and I will take the harness out and fix it up to work better since right now the wires look bad.

6. Jeef

Jeef NO MA'AM Moderator VIP

Solder all your connections.

7. crxtego

crxtego New Member

can any tell me how to wire my hARENESS FROM DPFI TO MPFI IN MY 91 CRX DX IM PUTTIN IN D16Y8 WITH A P75 ECU FUCK IT CALL ME 407 300 8609

8. dilbeckskate

dilbeckskate infamous

plenty of threads their cheif, god i hate greenhorns

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted