z6 swap, help me do it right

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

pumpkin2themax

I finally blew the d16a in my 91 CRX and im looking to swap a z6. I've done a lot of reading and have decided that I want to convert to obd-1. From what I gather, this requires an engine wiring harness, a p28 ecu and the wiring between the ecu and the engine. Both the engine harness and ecu are easy to find, but where the heck do I find the rest of the wiring harness? is this a reasonable goal without a donor car? any advice would be really great. Just let me know if im on the right track.

nate

not true, i keep my d's after swaps, 2 of them are out at machine shop now, one getting hot tank, and one getting a hot tank, bore, and balanced crank, i save them to buy shells and thrw a dropout in, but you are so right, if you pay 850 for a D your a moron, junkyard ftw

so after doing some more research i plan to get the obd0 to obdI conversion kit from rywire. I found a 1.6L SOHC V-TEC, but its JDM... does this mean that the engine wiring harness will not work on my left hand drive car? As I understand, a JDM wiring harness will put everything on the opposite side....

nah... i was thinking somewhere around 1,000, not 2,000. I would appreciate it if someone would help me solve the backwards wiring harness problem.

nate

Back