ZC or what

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

badasscrx

I just bought a 87 integra D16A1 with a brown top thinking ZC is it really or no i have people saying brown top is ZC in Japan and others saying its just a D throw it away so is it good or no???????????????

87 Integra D16A1 is not a ZC - it is similar to the JDM "browntop" ZC, but not the same - the ZC is a JDM engine with around 130hp - the 87 D16A1 is 113hp, 99lbf torque - the D16A1 does not bolt right into the 2d gen CRX or 4th gen Civic - it will bolt into the 1g CRX and 3g Civic

Last edited:
I ended up selling my shit dirt cheap like 100 bucks because it was worthless to me...well if you decide you need a swap i have a choice of motors thanks

ok thank what motors do you have enven blocks will work......but the guy i talked to here said i can put that 88-91 full mount kit and it will go right in with the change of the dizz and a few other things and he also said technecly it is a USMD ZC and the JDM had the ZC stamp on it

there is no usdm zc only jdm 88-91 has a black top and the bolts on the valve cover are around the out side and it will go right in all you need is a 88-89 integra dizzy and a dohc zc intake you can use a 88-89 teg you can use a zc,d16a6,88-89 teg throttle body they are all the same and you can use a zc ex manfold or D16a6
you can use a 88-89 teg pg7,dohc zc pm7, sohc zc ?, d16a6 ecu pm6 (jdm have speed limiters at 115) the 88-89 red lines at 7600 rpms best thing to do is chip a pm6

well then why do i have a usdm ZC and it has an inteke mani

1st is it a dohc or sohc 2nd why do you think it is a usdm? 3rd is there is no usdm dohc zc a sohc zc is the same as a d16a6 and a sohc vtec zc is the same d16z6
all jdm 1.6L are called zc

yes there is a vtec sohc zc if you buy a sohc d16z6 (vtec) from japan it will come as a zc I,ve bought and put one in . I didn't say a B16 is a zc

"all jdm1.6L are called zc" are you exact words and ive looked all over for this SOHC vtec and ive asked ppl and they they said there isnt one unless you acually take the VTEC head and put it on there yourself

a 86-89 d16a1 or brown top zc take a 86-89 teg traanny. black top dohc zc 88-95 can use sohc trannys there are also zc tranny they have shorter gears some has LSD

i put the SOHC tranny on there and there is just one bolt that i cant use bcuz the block doesnt go out that far

on your d16a1 you have to use a 86-89 teg or 86-89 zc tranny if you had a 88-95 black top zc you could use any d tranny 88-95 or the shorter geared 88-95 zc trannys. if you have 86-87 d16a1 brown top motor 113 hp you are going to have a lot of problems it is vacuum advacened timing so you would need a 86-87 pg7 ecu and you would have to depin and move wires so it will run the motor plus custom motor mounts and a 86-89 teg tranny with linkage, 88-91 civic linkage wont work. you need to sell that motor to some one with a 84-87 crx. you can buy a 88-91 dohc zc 136 hp with 30K for 550 osaka jdm motor inc it will bolt up to civic tranny and bolt right in the car. good luck with whatever you do

Back