ZC swap into 93' Coupe

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hondaddy93

i have a 93 civic ex coupe. i have also recently bought a full d16 zc swap. i dont really know what all i need to do for the swap, like as far as wiring goes. i was hoping that somebody could help me out and tell me what all i have to do. i have the motor and transmission, and ecu for it and i dont know if there is anything else that i need for it. so if someone can help, please do.

Quoted post[/post]]
i have a 93 civic ex coupe. i have also recently bought a full d16 zc swap. i dont really know what all i need to do for the swap, like as far as wiring goes. i was hoping that somebody could help me out and tell me what all i have to do. i have the motor and transmission, and ecu for it and i dont know if there is anything else that i need for it. so if someone can help, please do.
What year is the motor, OBD of the ECU, and is the transmission manual(hydro or cable) or auto.
Ideally it should be 92-95 ZC, OBD1. Which would drop right in and a hydro transmission unless its and auto so you can use your existing tranny. Wiring, i dont think will be anything different unless is an OBD0 motor (88-91) Maybe a temp sensor would be moved.

Oh, yeah sorry I'll list more details.

1. It is a 92-95 ZC motor, dont know the year for sure.
2. Its a 5spd manual hydro (all good there).
3. One stock ecu from 92 Civic CX (not sure if working, got damp in storage), one from 94 Civic DX 5 speed
4. 93' H22 Injectors

If I can find some #s on the ECU I might be able to get a better idea of what they are. So its just drop in as far as mechanical parts go. How about wiring?

I also have the ecu from my current D16 non-vtec EX year 93' But I would like to hold on to that one for my honda/yamah jetski project :wink:

Quoted post[/post]]
Oh, yeah sorry I'll list more details.

1. It is a 92-95 ZC motor, dont know the year for sure.
2. Its a 5spd manual hydro (all good there).
3. One stock ecu from 92 Civic CX (not sure if working, got damp in storage), one from 94 Civic DX 5 speed
4. 93' H22 Injectors

If I can find some #s on the ECU I might be able to get a better idea of what they are. So its just drop in as far as mechanical parts go. How about wiring?

I also have the ecu from my current D16 non-vtec EX year 93' But I would like to hold on to that one for my honda/yamah jetski project :wink:
Your old ECU should work, but it might run a little lean because of fuel maps, but other than that, to my knowledge it drops right in. I dont think there is any wiring, maybe extending a plug.
If you received the correct engine harness with the motor there's no wiring

I put that motor in my 92 hatch and its a complete bolt in swap, same axles, mounts etc. For the ecu you are gonna want a p29 and just use the engine harness off your old motor. Check out www.thezcr.com for an ecu, i saw one on there a couple of days ago for $60. any other question feel free to pm me.

sweet, is it possible to use my old 93' EX ecu for now? I plan to run turbo eventually so ill be going with a standalone most likely. So would my 93' ecu be safe for now?

You can run the ex ecu(p28) but the motor wont run to its full potential from my understanding, also you most likely will get a code since the ecu will be looking for an vtec soleniod. If i where you i'd pick up a p29 for the time being and then resell it when you go to a standalone system. You can easily make your money back on the purchase of a p29, i had been searching for months trying to find one and then had to end up buying it with my motor.

P06 ecu is from the 93' EX D16 sohc non-vtec? (my current ECU)

I have ecu's saying 36820-P05-A00 & 37820-P06-C02 & the ECU that is in my car..

Those were given to me, ill see what I can find as far as # on teh ecu in the car. I think the P05 ecu is the one the guy said he was running it with? Again he put in 93' H22 injectors so does that make the difference??? thanks guys!

you can also run the OBD1 PR4 ECU - it is pretty close to the P29

ok well I have 3 ecus sitting here, i find it hard to believe one of em wont work... but in any case. does anyone on here have a p29 or p4 for sale????

In all honesty it's a great swap over the stock motor, you can use you're stock ecu but it won't have as high redline or be all that great as a p29 or pr4. Im actually using a PR4 obd1 in my 92 VX hatch with my obd0 ZC motor, and quite frankly it's pretty much as fast as a stock b18, ands that good because when you do a ZC swap, alls you gotta do is buy the motor and reuse yo shift linkage/mounts/axels/ecu and etc etc, simple stuff, everything bolts back in the same. BTW you can also use a p75, they are a LS b18 ecu, the newer one anyways, but it is the same thing as a obd1 PR4 which came in the 92/93 integra the last two years they made them were obd1, if anything the p75 would have a little more aggresive maps, thats bout it. :cool:

I'm having a problem finding the right axle. I've got a 94 civic EX coupe with a DOHC ZC and the stock tranny- I can't figure out what axles to use for the left hand side. I've got a B series halfshaft that fits perfectly but the integra axles i've come across either don't have the female end I need to attach to the halfshaft, or have it but are to short. sorry if someone already said what it was and i missed it- any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Back