Zex Dry Kit and Turbo

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

webink_EK9

If I'm hooking up a dry kit to a turbo'd car, where would you want the spray to go in? Please don't kick the shit out of me for asking. I was just thinking along the lines of the cold gas doing the best for the system and don't know where that would be. I also have water injection and don't know if a dry shot would be good anywhere close to the water port...don't want snow in the motor I don't think. Anyway, any thoughts would be great.

Originally posted by webink_EK9@Nov 7 2004, 02:27 AM
If I'm hooking up a dry kit to a turbo'd car, where would you want the spray to go in? Please don't kick the shit out of me for asking. I was just thinking along the lines of the cold gas doing the best for the system and don't know where that would be. I also have water injection and don't know if a dry shot would be good anywhere close to the water port...don't want snow in the motor I don't think. Anyway, any thoughts would be great.
[post=413294]Quoted post[/post]​

what is the reason for water and NO2 injection??

Originally posted by webink_EK9@Nov 7 2004, 01:27 AM

You could spray your intercooler to lower air charge temps.

Originally posted by Calesta+Nov 7 2004, 11:29 AM-->
webink_EK9
@Nov 7 2004, 01:27 AM

[post=413384]Quoted post[/post]​

i think NX makes the CO2 kit Calesta is talking about.

Originally posted by webink_EK9@Nov 7 2004, 01:27 AM

why bother? you can make 800 hp out of a turbo setup.

leave the juice for ricers and n/a folks

I was only thinking about adding nitrous for spooling issues I'm having at the moment. Its going to be a while before my 2.5 block is going to be installed. I guess its no big issue really and if its not a good idea, then I'll probably not install it. Just wondering. Seems that really cold air would be easier to compress than warm or hot air and I thought the nitrous would cool it quicker. Again guys, I know very little about this subject. Thanks for the feed back so far and for not being harsh.

you can put it on the hot side of the IC im asuming this is on a scoobie and has a topmount but it will benefite greatly from even a small shaot say 35 or so if you ca go that low with a dry

Originally posted by BoogieDown+Nov 7 2004, 10:58 AM-->
Originally posted by Calesta@Nov 7 2004, 11:29 AM
webink_EK9
@Nov 7 2004, 01:27 AM

[post=413384]Quoted post[/post]​

i think NX makes the CO2 kit Calesta is talking about.
[post=413392]Quoted post[/post]​

I wasn't talking about a CO2 kit or an NX kit. You can set up any brand of nitrous to spray your intercooler.

I may go with a smaller 2.2 block if I can find one, but from what I hear, the 2.5's are easy to come by. Anyway, I'm more or less interested in figuring out how nitrous works in turbo systems and less on the exact application. I'm not even sure what I'm going to do with it (zex kit) yet. If you spray the nitrous on the hot side of the intercooler, what would that do? I don't even fully understand the gas flow of a turbo system...so forgive me for sounding dumb.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Nov 8 2004, 09:31 AM
2.5's are easy to come by? wtf?
are you even building a honda?
[post=413700]Quoted post[/post]​

I'm really just wondering about nitrous on turbo setups. I've got a wrx that I'm changing the block in, but I have also been thinking about boosting a few pounds into the ITR. I'm more or less wondering if nitrous is ok for turbo setups, mostly for cooling if its shot through the IC. I'm not sure what the spool time would be on my ITR adding 5 or 6 lbs, but if its anything like the wrx, something would have to be done. I know the turbo in the wrx isn't a fast spooling turbo, but if a faster spooling turbo is twice as fast, thats still going to take too long.

and does anyone have some kind of drawing that shows the gas flow through a turbo system? Sorry for being stupid about this stuff.

I'm not a big fan of heat cycling anything, so I probably wouldn't shoot dry into the Intercooler's hotside. If anything, I would go for direct port just to bump your burn rate before you get a highly pressurized charge.

its fine to put it on the ic if it is to hot to cool that fast with n2o you have a problem any way. the air goes in the inlet theough pipes to the hot side of IC (inlet side) out through pipe to manifold. try www.howstuff works.com

Holy crap! It just clicked! I had been wondering how forcing exhaust gas back into your motor could help anything, but now I see!!! Thanks! So you don't think shooting nitrous into the IC on the hot side would be bad. How much do you think I can shoot in there?

It doesn't take much- people usually dump a 30 or 50 shot on the hot side of the intercooler to bring the charge temperature down.

Originally posted by webink_EK9@Nov 9 2004, 09:22 PM
Holy crap! It just clicked! I had been wondering how forcing exhaust gas back into your motor could help anything, but now I see!!! Thanks! So you don't think shooting nitrous into the IC on the hot side would be bad. How much do you think I can shoot in there?
[post=414482]Quoted post[/post]​

uhh.... turbos do not shoot exhaust gas back into the motor dude.

there are 3 parts of a turbo.

exhaust hits this side (turbine)
spins this wheel which is on an axel
exhaust gas goes out the back
axel turns other wheel (compressor)
this wheel makes the boost and takes in fresh air and puts it through the ic/pies/ etc

Back