Zune 30 crash

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

94H_Ex

Under employed
So everyone who owns a zune knows there was a new years eve freeze. but mine didnt just freeze. It freaking crashed. So now I dont only have just a freeze its giving me screen 5 Contact Support, and all support has to say is "send it in so we can charge you to fix it." I'm broke, and I want to try to fix it myself. So I tried to do the manual reformat with the hard drive still in the zune, I have all the tools to open them up, read the tuturals on how to do it, and I've already replaced a screen on my little bro's. so I have to experiance to pull parts. Back to the story though, the re formate how Zune says to do it, doesnt do it. it freezes, then goes back to screen five. restart it? no. it freezes again, and screen five. Erase memory? no. Freezes, screen 5. So some one suggested pulling the hard drive out, get the connection and hook it to your computer and reformat it there. great idea. but now i dont know what cable I need to hook it up. any one have any ideas?

Btw just in case this whole plan fails, I already have a back up plan going. I found on ebay a zune 30 gb hard drive, with the extra click wheel, and battery for 10 bucks bid only.

any ideas?

This hard drive may become just that. I might just give in, and make into a parts one. Give the mother board to my little brothers being his isnt allow the screen to show, but it displays the back light. I'll keep my old screen around just in case I find a cheap zune with a broken screen. If I get a new hard drive in and its good to go, then I'll load it up and reformat that one, and up load the new firmware. I updated my bro's hard drive while it was on my motherboard and what nots and got to playing the games that comes in the new update. It makes me hate this crashed hard drive even more. the update is sooo much better. also learning hacks on how to make your zune into a simple storage device.

hammer-1.jpg

Or buy an iPod. :dunno: :D

Ive got a 30G too. I havent tried listenin to it since before December, now Im scared to try it lol. GL with your project though.

18 hours till i get 2 hard drives. bid only, and right now the price is at 5 dollars

Back