01 Accord LX Auto

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

PhillyAccord01

Hey I’m new to the page and new two accord , have had a couple civics but mainly have had sr20 Nissans. That being said I came across a deal I couldnt pass up (free) for an 01 accord LX 4cyl with auto transmission . I got the car and plan on working on it with my son for a few years until eventually passing it on to him when he gets his license (he’s got 7 years to go so this is a marathon not a sprint) the first thing I want to do is a motor swap . What would be the best motor to go with . I understand budget plays a huge role but if you had no restrictions what would it be? And also if you were doing it on the cheap which one would it be and if you feel like throwing a middle option in why not. Thank you guys in advance and I look forward to hearing from you

Welcome to the site!

H22a wins for sure. And definitely the auto trans should go. Teaching him manual is a right of passage that's been lost in the current generation.

The f22 or f23 is probably in it already so no real option there for middle ground. Everything else is worse or expensive and a lot of hacking.

The biggest thing is to make it safe. Make sure the brakes are good and teach him car control.

Welcome to the site!

H22a wins for sure. And definitely the auto trans should go. Teaching him manual is a right of passage that's been lost in the current generation.

The f22 or f23 is probably in it already so no real option there for middle ground. Everything else is worse or expensive and a lot of hacking.

The biggest thing is to make it safe. Make sure the brakes are good and teach him car control.
thank you! I like where you’re heads at with conversion to manual , I learned on my first car (91 Civic) and agree it’s something that has all but been for forgotten . Any one east coast near the Philly /NYC have a reputable place to get engines ?

I know a guy here that always goes down to this place in jersey with his truck:
no first hand experience...
otherwise, it's hard to beat hmotorsonline.com Top notch stuff from them, but they are west coast and it will need to be shipped

Agreed Honda's big block 4 cylinder the h22 is a perfect match up for the accord if you want to race it. It's a prelude engine It's good for bigger cars like the accord.

GL finding a H22 full swap that doesnt cost 2x cars value IMO , motor swap ? drive it till it dies and swap another F22 in ,otherwise save $$$ for a better chassis. They are free/cheap cars for reason

Back