02 sensor on header

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I just bought a header for my 92eg. I bought a 4-1 header for it and it has 2 bungs for the 02 sensor. I was wondering which bung should i use for the o2 sensor. The first bung is located on the the 4th cylinder on the header. The second bung is located all the way at the end where the collector is. So my question is where should i place the o2 sensor. Would it make a difference if i used the bung on the 4th cylinder? Or do i have to rewire and extend my o2 sensor wires so that i could place it on the collector.

thanks

Sounds like you got a header for an obd2 engine. What kind of engine is in your car. Also if its swapped what year?

you can just plug the hole at the 4th cylinder with a screw. on the 92 you only need 1.

does it make a difference since it's only reading the air/fuel ratio from one cylinder. If i plug it in the 4th cylinder then it would would on read that cylinder. would that throw my ecu reading out of wack or somethng.

if plug the whole on the 4th cylinder and read from the collector it wouldn't get wack readings, even if the sensor's on the 4th cylinder i doubt the mixture will be much different than the other 3.

damn, you're member #186....and only 67 posts??

okay thanks. I was just worried that it might affect air/fuel being read by the ecu. thanks for everyone reply

Back