05 Evo MR

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BBS, after a 20 year dry spell, finally has their gorilla-handshake-hold on the aftermarket again.

Get ready for 1989.

-> Steve

never liked bbs
still dont like bbs
but thats a badass ride!

yeah, read about it today in SCC, badass as usual even though my past mitsu experience was a nightmare...........different playing field though when comparing a gst and evo.......differently different.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jun 18 2004, 04:52 PM
this car looks sick.

.98g's
more power than an evo8
6 speed
bbs wheels...

http://www.roadandtrack.com/article.asp?se...article_id=1254

yummy

lighter weight BBS wheels, the EVO 8 comes with BBs wheels, but these are lighter.

The car is 300 lbs lighter over all and makes more power....but when it goes on sale it'll be about 33-34k I believe they said (in SCC)...so for 7 more hp, 300 less pounds and a 6 sp you pay 4-5 grand more. (base to base)

all of that... and only 33 grand.... SIGN ME UP... wait its mitsu... no dice for me

Originally posted by revolution8k@Jun 19 2004, 01:39 AM
lighter weight BBS wheels, the EVO 8 comes with BBs wheels, but these are lighter.

actually the evo8 comes with enkeis

large_3.jpg

brakes_main.jpg

Nice car...but I wouldn't buy a "tuner car" (this or the STi)...I'd rather build it myself and make it exactly how I want it.

well if "exactly how you want it" includes AWD and turbo then either one of these is a damn good starting point
its not like just cuz its new its unmodifyable... there is still lenty of room to grow

and yes there are other options
TSi, GXT, AllTrac, that 323, etc etc
then there are also other NA AWD cars that would make good starting points as well
older 2.5RS, audi, etc etc

blah blah blah :blah:

all im pointing out is that either one of those cars (evo or sti) has lots of potential to be made much faster than they are from the factory

this would be the evo worth waiting for...

but i still :wub: the evo3.

I know they still have potential...but they're more of a status symbol. I would rather break out the tools and build myself a nice sleeper DA Integra with a custom turbo kit or something. I just think the car is much cooler when the owner built it.

Back