1/4 mile times

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I have a friend with a GSR Crx that runs 13s on "sport" tires. high 12s on nos. But its COMPLETELY gutted out, no roll bar or anything. Just a racing seat and a lawn mower battery. And the motor has been completely worked over. Its funny, $6k motor in a $300 car. But it works great.

don_radeon said:
Can anyone here break into the 13s?

:yes:

R/T: .438
60: 2.472
330: 6.290
1/8: 9.279
MPH: 83.22
1000: 11.835
1/4: 13.98
MPH: 104.93

My best time ever.

*not with a honda tho ;)

i was wonderin if anyone knew what times i should expect with this setup? i know some of its not goin to help me with the times but i figured i would list everything. i got the car a few weeks ago bone stock and put everything on it. theres not any close 1/4 tracks so im goin to end up drivein like 2 hours or so to go to one. so i thought i would i would ask if any one had any ideas. i had all this in my inttegra before i wrecked it and in it i was takein itr's, gsr's, gsr swapped hatches and coupes. i have ran one time on the streets and i ran a jrsc h22 lude. i took him in second and most of third and he got me back in top of third and took me in forth. it had internals and was runnin 6psi. does anyone have any ideas?

1993 CX

Engine:
Jdm B20 w/ p75 ecu
Itr tranny
Act heavy duty pressure plate and street stip disk
Injen intake
K&N air filter
Mugen oil cap
NGK iridium plugs
Comptech header and high-flo cat
Custom 2.5in Cat Back
Aluminum cam seal

Suspension:
Apexi ws full coil-over dampers for Jdm Itr
Jdm Itr rear Lca's
Integra rear sway bar
Rear tie bar
Front and rear strut bars
Rear disk brake conversion (try that with no key to get wheels off pain in the butt)

Interior:
Blue to black conversion consistin of:
Integra dash
Integra seats
Gsr cluster
Integra carpet
All black interior panels
Bride steering wheel
Jdm Integra airbag deletion tray
Integra double bend shifter
Power window conversion
Power locks conversion

Exterior:
Ctr rear lip

Rims:
Rear 17" RsLimitied concept pros
Front 15" rota circuit 8's (as soon as i get a key to get the konigs off)

Last edited:
Low 14's on street tires.

I know other's here will contradict me on this, but i have yet to see an N/A gutted honda run better than 14.1 at the 1/4 mile strip on street tires.

Its all wheelspin off the line :shrug2:

I'm a big bike person and just got into the whole import scene. What would I run.

I have a 92 hatch with a gsr swap,JRSC (running 10psi), msd ignition "external coil", 450cc injectors, walbro fuel pump, dc header,high flow cat, apexi WS exhaust. I know some internals are upgraded but I bought the motor like that and I cant remember what they were.

Thanks guys

I'm a big bike person and just got into the whole import scene. What would I run.

I have a 92 hatch with a gsr swap,JRSC (running 10psi), msd ignition "external coil", 450cc injectors, walbro fuel pump, dc header,high flow cat, apexi WS exhaust. I know some internals are upgraded but I bought the motor like that and I cant remember what they were.

Thanks guys

14's on street tires.

for your reaction time, try launching before the green, your car tire should be rolling just after the green. good luck bro.
dragging is fun, but autoX is so much more fun, but to each his own.

~Ryan[/quote]

Listen to this guy he's exactly right. With my old accord I used to guess and leave a little after the second yellow, it would usually be around .02 to .03 reaction time. Learn how to cut a light because I could run a low 16 and still win, because I gained 8/10 on you at the tree. Also you really don't want your tires spinning at all, but Honda’s don’t make torque so you do have to keep the rpms up more, just look at your 60' times and play around till you get something consistent and as low as possible.

Exactly. Looking at you guys' reaction times, you must be going when you see green. I start to launch when I see the last yellow and I get much better and consistent times. I get pissed at my self if it goes over .2XX on my RT. Can't win like that.

Best I ever ran in the 1/4 was with my old 92 VX hatch with a B20B swap. It was a 14.34 @ 92.3mph with 14 inch slicks. Now with my new 93 DX Hatch with a mid built B20Z2 swap I have ran a best in the 1/8 of 8.80 @ 77.7mph with the same slicks. Have not had a chance to take the new Civic to the 1/4 yet.

Back