1.6l < 1.8l

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

pills_PMD

VIP
well. chet got a new R block for 2050... i got a complete old LS engine for 250 lol.
top_of_block.JPG

i'm going to slowly start building this up for an LS/VTEC, plans so far are eagle rods/endyn pistons.

i'm a long way away from dropping it in, and i will be detailing everything on my webpage, so click the link below if you want..

click here for more pics

i havne't decided my entire plan yet.. i'm going to call cory in a little bit (chet's friend) who has built many ls/vtec engines and discuss my options with him.

okay. so i called cory and have made a few decisions on the LS/VTEC plan.

he went 11.94 w/ LS rods and pr3 pistons.

sooo... in order to save some $$ i'm going to shotpeen my LS rods and use pr3 pistons with new rings. i'm going to use an LS water pump w/ LS timing belt.
i am going to order arp LS/VTEC head studs and arp rod bolts and the oil line from cory tomorrow as well. the cylinder walls will get honed. i am going to treat the block with muriotic acid and then clear coat it so it will look like new... i'm keeping my entire head as is. and with the .020 mill i'm sure that it will be close to 11.5:1 cr with the pr3 pistons.

if i missed anything guys give me a shout and help me out!!

cory said not to bother with the z10 girdle as it will just make the engine run hot as shit.
jody... what exactly is that??

i ordered the oil feed line and the arp rod bolts / head studs from cory a few minutes ago...

Back