11:1 Compression

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

punx04

alright, i got a d16a6 (crx si engine) and a fully built top end...and i'm going to put 11:1 compression and a 20 over bore in it....i was wondering wut kinda of hp i will possibly have.... i also have an aftermarket header and 2.25 exhaust with a flowmaster and will have an ingen intake. thanz

dont know the hp, but at 4 to 5 bucks a gal for racing fuel and no chance for a turbo or superchager you might want to rethink the 11:1 and maybe drop down to 9:1 or 10:1 at the high end and still run on pump gas, just a thought.

You can run pump gas on 11.1:1 compression,just get the highest octane yo can. The JDM Integra Type-R is 11.1:1, i dont think Honda would make it so you have to get race gas to use their car. LOL

With some tuning, Calesta was running almost 13:1 on pump gas. I was running 11.4:1 on pump gas. You should be fine with 11:1.

fewww.....i thought i was gonna have to change my plans for a sec. but still does n e body know around the hp like pushin maybe 200? or 180?

no not to a 2 liter....jez .2 of an inch i believe it is. it's referred to as 20 over

and if u saw the outside.....u would think i'm an old person that drives it......the person before me smashed both fenders....and had to get a replacement hood and front bumper soo there both black while the rest of my car is a baby blueish color.....oh i'm a sleeper and rollin on 13s

I would say more like 130-140 whp, depending exactly what you have on that head....Aren't those motors like 110hp stock?

wow i guess i need to learn a little more about these motors building V8 11:1 you had to run race gas .sorry for bad info.

Even on 11.1 on domestics you dont need race gas. Someone can't tune/build a motor then. We have 12.5 in one 350 on pump and 14.5 in the Mach1 (race gas tho :D).

A Si motor is a 1.6, thats .4 over. You wont see that on stock sleeves, maybe not even that block. Not sure though.

130-140whp? LMAO.. If you are boring that much.. depending on your entire setup.. If you get a nice cam, im, tb, etc... get everything addressed, dont have to have full race setup. Look aorund 170 or so to the wheels..

to get around 200whp, it would have taken, complete bore, resleeve, 13.1's or so, full pnp job, strip cam, etc.etc..

The d-series is a good platform, i'm not gonna knock it, but if you want to build one for the hell of it, then cool, i applaud you. If you are building on and hoping to run with the fastest on the streets. Get a b16sir1 b/c a NA d-series, will hold its own, but not against heavy modded cars, turbo cars or cars with a b-series and internals done and good tuning.

thanx and yea i'm buildin it cuz i got the engine for 100 dollars. and i have a full pnp job. and the cam...i workin on as we speak, and how big could i go on a bore u think with stock sleeves and be reliable? and if i resleeved it how big could i go and have it be reliable....i'm deciding if it would be worth it?

and it will be slightly faster for the same price.....and i can swap this engine out n e time i need to smog...and it looks like the same engine that is stock in my car....

Back