13 Sec Crx Daily Driver Zc?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

stud4u2c17

Is it possible to have an 89 CRX HF (200lbs lighter then SI) with a turbo and all engine mods and ZC tranny... to hit high 13's with no nos? and be a daily driver? I got a DOHC ZC on the way, with the ZC tranny, i know this will cost alot but i want a sleeper motor.., i want to run around 10lbs boost, i will have performance cams, ported head and intake manifold, performance pistons and rods, t66 turbo with blowoff valve, FMI, bigger injectors (not sure what size yet) that should be about all in my list... so far i got a couple of those things... is it possible to hit 13's with this setup... by the way it will be on street tires... no slicks, im a street racer and if i encounter somthing fast i will be in my street tires, not slicks!! i am runnin Kumho Z 205/40/17 in tires... thanks
TJ

it's possible. but you wouldn't be a sleeper with a fat ass turbo. you should get the bf goodrich street legal drag tires. you will have a lot of traction problems. i don't think zc motors come with lsd. that is another idea for you.

Originally posted by get_nick@Apr 22 2003, 06:15 AM
it's possible. but you wouldn't be a sleeper with a fat ass turbo. you should get the bf goodrich street legal drag tires. you will have a lot of traction problems. i don't think zc motors come with lsd. that is another idea for you.

The ZC was available with an LSD transmission from the factory. I have one in my CRX.

Yeah its possible. And Likely. A t66 turbo is capable of producing 600hp on a single turbo set up. Now that running it at 30 psi. But thats not the problem. 1. T66 is a race built turbo. There not made for everyday triving. Even with a b.o.v. turbo lag will be huge and you will probly mess your turbo up quickly. And traction. don't get me started. Front will drive is hard to get good traction. My opinion with what u need to do it won't be a sleeper. And when u get it done, your gonna find out its more capable then just runnin 13's. Think low 11's high 10's.

Back