13s With Just Bolt-on (can This Be True?)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

4.75 final drive makes a big difference, especially with the torqueless b16a.

my hatch is also a dx, with full interior. a lot has to do with tuning, and my car isn't really tuned as well as it could be, simply because i just spent 1100 on wheels and can't afford to dyno it.

i'm willing to bet your friends are not getting the right air/fuel mixture right with the 60 shot they're running. because i know with my setup i could run at least 13.5's on street tires with a 60 shot, maybe faster after dynoing my car.

timing, displacement, air/fuel mixture and compression make power. obviously none of us have displacement, so we're forced to play with timing, compression and air/fuel mixtures.

my timing is at 18 degrees, and my air/fuel mixture mirrors that of a 1st gen b16a in a 92hatch. (very rough tuning, but better than nothing)

Originally posted by chet@Jan 8 2003, 12:18 AM

i'm willing to bet your friends are not getting the right air/fuel mixture right with the 60 shot they're running. because i know with my setup i could run at least 13.5's on street tires with a 60 shot, maybe faster after dynoing my car.

if ur in north cali I ill like to see u run at the track.
my friend in sac has a gsr/ w jrsc in a 92 hatch he has dc headers / aem cai skunk2 cam gears/ full slicks and ect.
he only runs 13.2s

I have a ls-r supercharged and a direct port setup but did
take to track yet..93 si hatch.

Originally posted by Afipunk21@Jan 7 2003, 12:55 AM

varies greatly
also varies
also varies
also varies

just want a close estime or best time on track
I want to see if my friends and i are doing any good

most people run on full or street slicks
and lunch around 7000 with full slicks
around 3500 with street slicks

the tracks are opening up soon
can u tape ur car what u got a all and have someone tape u runing ur time?

im going to tape our runs and vechile setup the next time the track opens..

i'll see what i can do, and i can scan timeslips if you'd like.

there is going to be a tamparacing track day on the 28th, so i might be able to get someone to video tape me running then...as i should have good tires mounted on my car then.

13.8 for that is still slow. ny boy had a 92-95 hatch with just a GSR motor, intake and exhaust on drag radials and ran a 13.8. i saw it so whover you guys are runnin high 14's in GSR civics just cant drive.

driver makes all the difference, here some examples. i saw a 94 civic ex coupe with GSR intake, header, and exhaust that went 14.2 on street tires. but one the other hane i saw the same car with an H22 vtec that only went 15.0 cuz of the driver. either you cant really drive to good or its just real hot and humid where you live.

Originally posted by chet@Jan 8 2003, 11:01 AM
i'll see what i can do, and i can scan timeslips if you'd like.

there is going to be a tamparacing track day on the 28th, so i might be able to get someone to video tape me running then...as i should have good tires mounted on my car then.

thanks for the responce hope to see this..

Originally posted by mical0259@Jan 8 2003, 05:58 PM
13.8 for that is still slow. ny boy had a 92-95 hatch with just a GSR motor, intake and exhaust on drag radials and ran a 13.8. i saw it so whover you guys are runnin high 14's in GSR civics just cant drive.

Are u saying that guy and my friends can drive?

I hope u know my friends reaction time is always between
.58 - .9
R u in CAli? We could run for $$$ if your bad enuff!!!

r.ts have nothing to do with your e.t. they only matter for time if your in brackets or straight up reacing someone, not on solo test runs, but yeah it is definently possible to run those times, in fact he should be doing a little better, the reason he can run those times is because his parts are realy good, and the power to weight ratio is nice, and it definently helps that he has slicks

13's is very believable with just bolt ons... i've seen a blue 92-95 hatch run high 12's with just bolt ons

92-95 hatch
h22
short ram intake out the headlight
disconnected exhaust
1000lb rate springs in he rear
650 rate in the front
slicks in the front
spare's on the back
full interior
his GF driving the car

12.97 was his time i believe

Originally posted by rota92@Jan 9 2003, 03:27 PM
r.ts have nothing to do with your e.t. they only matter for time if your in brackets or straight up reacing someone, not on solo test runs, but yeah it is definently possible to run those times, in fact he should be doing a little better, the reason he can run those times is because his parts are realy good, and the power to weight ratio is nice, and it definently helps that he has slicks

thanks for the reply

can u tell me more about the setup u have seen or have that runs better

if they have cam gears and are tune
can u list the setting
if u have a video share it .........(of u guys dragging)

Back