1986 Honda civic si swap a d16a1

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

the 1st gen Civic hubs have 23 splines (like 88-91 Civic STD and CRX HF) the integra axles are 26 splines - you will need the Integra knuckles/hubs
thanks for the correction , ive had tons of 1g crx/1g teg and ive got my in process of dohc zc 79, never had a 3g civic si (always wanted one)

use an 86-87 distributor with one bolt at top - see attached picture

Attachments

• 88-89 TEG HEAD.jpg
    88-89 TEG HEAD.jpg
    524.2 KB · Views: 510
use an 86-87 distributor with one bolt at top - see attached picture
I dont believe correct on the 88-89 head part its the first year of the p28 bottom end , its the black top bottom end essentially and the brown top (notice valve cover and bolt placement) head and was meant for vac advance factory (which we are both saying to use)

So I need from a Acura integra :

1986-1987 right and left knuckles/hubs i think 1988-1989 should be the same also

Ecu 1986-1987 I was told I can use my ecu from my 86 civic si

Shift linkage 1987-1989

I got the 2 knuckles/hubs Will I need brake disk and brakes for the integra knuckles/hubs or can i use my 86 civic Si brake and disk

Can I just use the civic front brake systems and use Acura Integra
Front calipers
Front rotors

When I did the browntop into my 86 CRXsi I used trans, axles, knuckles, hubs, calipers, pads and rotors from a junkyard car.
The tie-rods on the CRX had to be adjusted because the toe was way off on the alignment, car wanted to drive into a ditch.

I remember I ran into a problem with the idle/running of the integra motor in the CRX. I don't remember exactly what the problem was but I think the D16A1 had a map sensor on the throttle body, and the CRX had a vacuum box on the firewall. Once I ran the lines to the box on the firewall the car ran like a raped ape. I really miss that car, it was a blast to drive and I beat the ever loving shit out of that motor and it held strong.

When I did the browntop into my 86 CRXsi I used trans, axles, knuckles, hubs, calipers, pads and rotors from a junkyard car.
The tie-rods on the CRX had to be adjusted because the toe was way off on the alignment, car wanted to drive into a ditch.

I remember I ran into a problem with the idle/running of the integra motor in the CRX. I don't remember exactly what the problem was but I think the D16A1 had a map sensor on the throttle body, and the CRX had a vacuum box on the firewall. Once I ran the lines to the box on the firewall the car ran like a raped ape. I really miss that car, it was a blast to drive and I beat the ever loving shit out of that motor and it held strong.
yea the vac system/box for the map sensor can be fucky but it can all be deleted and just run vac line straight to the map sensor from the throttle body , and @Kingbugsy24 I havent forgot about you and the cam caps , I have them and they are in my toolbox at home I need to sit down and figure out the difference between brown/blacktop cam caps and put a set together just been super busy and my girlfriend just moved in with me

Back