1989 hf question..need help asap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

fastone

hey guys.....i'm a newbie here so any help will be appreciated.

I've got a 1989 crx HF that has had the engine swapped out to a 92-95 sohc vtec engine. This thing doesnt fire and the injectors are also NOT firing. I do have fuel pressure and everything in the distributor checks out good.

The engine harness, distributor, injectors, resistor box, and computer all came from an 88-91 crx SI.

PLEASE help asap.. thanks!

Originally posted by fastone@Jun 4 2005, 04:21 PM
hey guys.....i'm a newbie here so any help will be appreciated.

I've got a 1989 crx HF that has had the engine swapped out to a 92-95 sohc vtec engine. This thing doesnt fire and the injectors are also NOT firing. I do have fuel pressure and everything in the distributor checks out good.

The engine harness, distributor, injectors, resistor box, and computer all came from an 88-91 crx SI.

PLEASE help asap.. thanks!
[post=507892]Quoted post[/post]​

Si engine harness will not work on HF - you need HF harness

so, the hf harness is a 4 injector harness? can i still get a 2 injector dx harness to work in a hf crx?

If you used a dx harness i believe you would need to do the dpfi to mpfi conversion. Correct me if I am wrong.

just find a unmolested hf harness... i think the 90-91 hf's were mpfi, where as the 88-89 hf's were dpfi.

i have a dx harness at my disposal as well as the si harness.

NOW, my question is, Can i take the dx harness(convert it to mpfi) and get it to work for this car? By doing a search and briefly looking at schematics, it seems to me that a mpfi converted DX harness seems like it would be easiest to do.

What is the difference in the SI harness and the 4 injector HF harness? Sorry about all the questions, but i've never really played with this generation car.

You guys are the experts, so all help is greatly appreciated!

Originally posted by fastone@Jun 5 2005, 10:20 AM
i have a dx harness at my disposal as well as the si harness.

NOW, my question is, Can i take the dx harness(convert it to mpfi) and get it to work for this car? By doing a search and briefly looking at schematics, it seems to me that a mpfi converted DX harness seems like it would be easiest to do.

What is the difference in the SI harness and the 4 injector HF harness? Sorry about all the questions, but i've never really played with this generation car.

You guys are the experts, so all help is greatly appreciated!
[post=508140]Quoted post[/post]​

no, you cannot use the DX harness converted to MPFI - the DX harness has a round 14-wire connector at the driver's side firewall connection and has wires in it (like igniter and cooling fan relay) which are in different connectors on the HF harness - the Si harness is similar to the HF (it will plug in) but has wires in different locations in the round 8-wire connector at the driver's side firewall - it also has wires in different locations in the passenger side connector - some wires on the HF are in different connectors on the Si - you need 89-91 HF harness - 88 HF is also different - all 88-91 HFs are MPFI

[post=508140]Quoted post[/post]​
[/quote]
no, you cannot use the DX harness converted to MPFI - the DX harness has a round 14-wire connector at the driver's side firewall connection and has wires in it (like igniter and cooling fan relay) which are in different connectors on the HF harness - the Si harness is similar to the HF (it will plug in) but has wires in different locations in the round 8-wire connector at the driver's side firewall - it also has wires in different locations in the passenger side connector - some wires on the HF are in different connectors on the Si - you need 89-91 HF harness - 88 HF is also different - all 88-91 HFs are MPFI
[post=508158]Quoted post[/post]​
[/quote]

thanks...you've been a lot of help. Do you have a schematic of the hf harness and the si harness? I would like to have them side by side and try to re-locate the pins into the positions that they need to be in(on the engine harness ofcourse), but in order to do that, i'm going to need the schematics and color codes of the wires right? thanks!

Back