1990 Dx Hb Want To Swap Everything

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Jake 21

I just bought a 1990 dx hb for $150. Engine is shot. Auto trans. body in great shape and no broken glass. I need info on what parts will fit.

Need to change from auto to cable clutch manual

Want rear discs.....will 91 integra ls fit?

And any other neat swaps you know of

:angry: I hate to lose

any swap is neat :)

whats your budget looking like? how fast do you want to go?
what do you want the car for? street? autox? drag?

the integra shit should fit- another option is the 91 crx si rear disc swap

I just found some 91 integ ls rear disc hubs for $75, is that good

I'm building the car for crusing (street racing) and want it to LOOK as stock as possible, so no one will see it coming when I hand them their ass!

My budget is almost unlimited (as long as my wife doesn't find out)

And I would like to maintain driveability and keep descent gas mileage, however this is neither my wife or my primary car

I'm leaning toward a B16a1, some kind of supercharger (preferably a vortech unit), nitro, and the basic I/H/E and chip combo. I work in a shop with access to custom exhaust tools so building exhaust to fit (all the way to 4" if I want) is no problem.

thats expensive for the hubs- especially, because you need much more than that. you need the trailing arms, the ebrake lines, the hubs, caliper, rotor, integra proportioning valve, and master cylinder are good ideas as well. i might be missing a couple parts- but thats pretty much what you need.

if you want street racing- get the jackson super over the vortech.
the b16a sir will do well in that car. only problem i see is space for the jackson. perhaps they have info on it at their site.

When I say hubs I mean Caliper, rotor, hub, pads. I was told my e-brake cables and brake lines will work, is that correct? Do you know what parts I need for sure?

umm you can use the whole conversion set I believe like the whole hub assembly like from a salvage yard or something of that sort. your camber will be off though, or just use rex assembly if youw ant.

(pissedoffsol)

I've heard some bad shit about the Jackson Racing units. unless you know from first hand expeience that they dont cause problems, i wouldnt reccomend it.

fuck it, build a ls/vtec or a b20/vtec either one with a b16 SiR head and turbo dat biaach.

TURBOCHARGER > SUPERCHARGER

Originally posted by timEspeed@Feb 9 2003, 01:13 AM
(pissedoffsol)

I've heard some bad shit about the Jackson Racing units. unless you know from first hand expeience that they dont cause problems, i wouldnt reccomend it.

sisteve ran his for a year with no problems and then sold out
13.8 with it in a 00 si

I have a 90 DX with a B20 and used 91 integra front and rear disc brakes, I had to change the cables on the rear, I purchased the entire setup including trailing arms, spindles, rotors, calipers, cables and you will have to use the alignment arm (front of trailing arm) off of the civic..it is longer. The setup is not easy but very expensive...you will need an LS computer if staying nonvtec or a B16 computer if going vtec. There are a few other things that make the actuall install easier if you are interested.

Definatly interested! What exactly do I need for the rear brake swap? Front brake swap? I haven't heard much about the B20 what are the figures? HP? Torque? RPM? have you had any problems with it or is it a pretty good (reliable) engine?

My B20 is a stock non-vtec with a DC header, stainless 2 1/2 in. exhaust, and cable LSD tranny. The Hp and torque numbers can be deceiving because they were rated with stock crv intake, throttle body, injectors, exhaust manifold as well as a computer tuned to drag an SUV around. The swap is pretty straight forward if you do the right prep work for the engine bay. The wiring harness is a little tricky but not hard. Let me know if you are interested in any more tips on the install.

Back