1991 honda civic having issues need help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ppiart

So my friend has a 1991 honda civic 4dr stock 1.5l and when it starts it has a slight shake to it. When you drive it down the road the shake slightly increases. When the car first started it was idled at 1500rpms then when warmed up decreased to 800rpms. It doesnt seem to run rough but when coming to a stop it wants to die. The check engine lite is not on. If any one has any ideas please let me know, my thoughts were o2 sensor throttle body sensor or map sensor maybe bad but if it was an o2 sensor I know for sure the check engine light would come on and it would run like shit.

None of them would be it they all would make the cel light come on... Sounds like it needs a tune up or the motor could be on its last leg..

Ok I did forget to mention that my friend who owns the car took it to a shop and they put a new distributer and wires on it idk if they did spark plugs or not.

Also could it be possible that the check engine light is bad or broke on the guage cluster or is that unheard of

Also could it be possible that the check engine light is bad or broke on the guage cluster or is that unheard of

Could be burnt out... Pull down the carpet on the passenger floor board and you can check the ecu, by counting the flashes on the little red light in the middle of the ecu.. Just turn the key to the on position and it will flash if there is a code.. If there are no codes then It will just flash once..

Check the spark plugs and do a compression test. I am guessing that #3 has a burnt exhaust valve causing low compression.

ok guys thanks alot for the help I'll check to see if the ecu is flashing and then run a compression test

Back