1992 Hb Vx Or Dx?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lohonda

I am going to buy a 1992 hb and I was wondering if it matters whether I get a vx or dx, for a swap later. I am probably going to swap in a LS integra engine, but not for a while. I know the vx has a gas saving vtec engine with 92 hp and the dx has a 102hp engine. Is there a big difference in performance between the two also?

Thanks

The VX is a great economy car and comes wired for vtec so it cuts done on wiring when you swap,but if your swapping in a LS you might as well get the faster DX to tide you over till you swap since the LS isn't vtec anyway and the point is moot.

The VX is also good because it has an odometer stock and is lighter than the DX. It is harder to find the VX though, so you might want to opt for the DX.

Originally posted by Mlodsin@Mar 28 2003, 12:39 AM
The VX is also good because it has an odometer stock and is lighter than the DX. It is harder to find the VX though, so you might want to opt for the DX.

Tachometer haha.yea there are other little differences.

I found a 1992 vx hb that I am interested in but how much slower is it than a dx?
If it is going to be atleast a year or so before I can do the swap should I just look for a dx?

Get the vx dude. Over the next year youll build up a rep as having a slow car, then shock the shit out of people when you beat em. Youll save cash on gas which you can put towards the swap and the power difference after swap time will make you cream your pants. The dx swap wont be as fast as the vx swap and if you should change your mind to run vtec (a year is a long time) youve got one less thing to worry about.

PS: Id rock the b16a2 over the ls, their both about the same price and you get vtec :)

I take it the vx is much slower than the 10hp difference between it and the dx then right?

Originally posted by lohonda@Mar 28 2003, 03:02 AM
I take it the vx is much slower than the 10hp difference between it and the dx then right?

The VX is peppy,it's a fun car to drive around.But not very fast,no.Then again the DX isn't either,so...

Along with the power difference the VX's gearing makes it slower than the DX, also helps give it the good mileage.

Back