1999-2000 Civic Si owners

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jamesA

Thank you for your business.
VIP
Has anybody with a STOCK b16a2 had their engines dyno'd?

I was just doing some calculations on another site and assuming a 15% drivetrain loss, the 99-00 Si should be making 136 hp and 94.35 ft lbs at the wheels. Now when my brother had his 2000 Si he had it dyno'd and I remember him saying he made somewhere between 142-145 hp to the wheels, thats only a 15-18 hp drivetrain loss. I don't know if he had his homemade CAI on there at that point, but I was wondering what other people might have come up with?

I'd like to have mine dyno'd sometime soon and I was just wondering exactly what to expect.

from past dynos that I have seen, noticed stock B16a2 motors pushing out in the range of 130-140WHP, and 97-105FTlbs

give or take

I can't find it but I remember I got 142whp and I think it was 98 ft. lbs of torque.

he might have a strong B16 (not all engines are created equal)
the shop might have a "generous" dyno (not all dynos are created equal)

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Mar 26 2004, 02:15 PM
he might have a strong B16 (not all engines are created equal)
the shop might have a "generous" dyno (not all dynos are created equal)

that's true, my brothers stock b16 (before he went b20/vtec) made more power than mine did on the same dyno.

a mustang dyno will not have as high as numbers as a Dynojet.

Also, there are freak engines out there. A freind of mine, has a Integra LS, and he can keep up with GSR's.

The rule of thumb is, cars created on Wednesday, are faster and last longer.

On monday, those crazy Japanenses guy come in with a hangover from the weekend, then on friday's, they just want to get out of there. Hump day, is the day that they actually work.

Originally posted by asmallsol@Mar 26 2004, 09:12 PM

The rule of thumb is, cars created on Wednesday, are faster and last longer.

On monday, those crazy Japanenses guy come in with a hangover from the weekend, then on friday's, they just want to get out of there. Hump day, is the day that they actually work.

thats fucking awsome!!! best thing i have heard in a long time haha!

Back