1999 Civic Si motor swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

blueSi

I recently bought a 1999 Civic Si that already had a swap done. It is a OBD1 b16a2 i do believe. anyways, i am having trouble getting the car inspected because the inspection computer wont comunicate with the car. Is there anything i can do? I need some suggestions.

b16a2s are obd2b, and they're the stock engine. Do you know what ecu is in there though? 99-00 Si ECUs are p2Ts.

the engine and ecu are out of a sirII. im not sure off the top of my head what it is. i would have to look.

I'm not familiar with inspection computers or how they hook it up since Indiana doesn't have inspections. Are there different connectors for obdI and obdII? They might have just been using the obdII connections if there are.

well when they hook everything up the computer recognizes the car as obdII because of the year, however, when they hook it up to the car it doesnt do anything. I dont know if it is because of the engine managment it has or what. I am kind of stuck between a rock and a hard place.

So you say that its already had a swap done to it. Are you for sure that it's a B16A2 under the hood? If so, thats the stock motor and no swap was done to it, or if there was a swap done to it they just took the motor you have now out while the real swap was in place. Almost sounds like it's a B16A

I think that they just need to test it as an OBD-I equipped vehicle instead of thinking that it is still using the stock setup which was OBD-II. By the way, what state is this in?

Originally posted by jdmeg6@Jun 1 2005, 01:16 AM
I think that they just need to test it as an OBD-I equipped vehicle instead of thinking that it is still using the stock setup which was OBD-II. By the way, what state is this in?
[post=505993]Quoted post[/post]​

That's what I was getting at myself. Go in there and tell them it's an OBDI ecu/engine setup and have them test it that way.

Originally posted by 2000Si+Jun 1 2005, 01:19 AM-->
@Jun 1 2005, 01:16 AM
[post=505993]Quoted post[/post]​

That's what I was getting at myself. Go in there and tell them it's an OBDI ecu/engine setup and have them test it that way.
[post=505995]Quoted post[/post]​

cool, i will havee to try that. thanks for the help

haha I did after I couldn't find it.

I IMd a mod but he was off playing some game.

IM'ing another mod...

If you have a P28 ECU in your car it is no longer OBD2 to any diagnostic tool. The OBD2 port they use to plug into your car will not work.

Originally posted by 2000Si@Jun 2 2005, 12:43 AM

IM'ing another mod...
[post=506381]Quoted post[/post]​

Did it get moved? Because it is in the right forum.

Originally posted by blueSi@Jun 1 2005, 01:32 AM
I recently bought a 1999 Civic Si that already had a swap done. It is a OBD1 b16a2 i do believe. anyways, i am having trouble getting the car inspected because the inspection computer wont comunicate with the car. Is there anything i can do? I need some suggestions.
[post=505968]Quoted post[/post]​

get a p2t and plug it in.

with the p28 thats in there now, there a good chance a knock wire was never hooked up, so it may throw a code for that. double check that its hooked up.

like said, the p28 is obd1 and doesn't have obd diagnostics features (like the scan tool) that obd2 has

Originally posted by 92b16vx+Jun 4 2005, 06:33 AM-->
@Jun 2 2005, 12:43 AM

IM'ing another mod...
[post=506381]Quoted post[/post]​

Did it get moved? Because it is in the right forum.
[post=507709]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah, after I pm'd jamie and Brian both someone finally moved it... it was in auto appearance.

edit: I'd like to know if scanning it as obdI worked for him.

If not B has a good suggestion.

Back