1999 honda civic si vs. 1995 acura integra gsr

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

vtecintheblood

i was just wondering which one of the two cars was better. i love my gsr but it is wrecked and i might use it for a swap, but i have a chance to get a 1999 civic si. i was just wondering wut would be better a 1995 acura gsr into a 1994 honda civic or a 1999 honda civic si? i have no where that i can go to check the specs on each one.

A GSR into what civic? coupe sedan hatch?

95 GSR swap into EG Civic: 170 hp/142 ft lbs in a 2200-2400 lb car

99 Si: 160 hp/111 ft lbs in a 2612 lb car

Take your pick.

Yea, that's like the third time I have seen someone say the GSR has 142lbs-ft. Where is that coming from?

Originally posted by 92b16vx@May 21 2005, 05:17 PM
Yea, that's like the third time I have seen someone say the GSR has 142lbs-ft. Where is that coming from?
[post=502060]Quoted post[/post]​

seriously....

I would go with teh GSR in teh civic. 99 si's are slow.

Originally posted by B16RacerN2NR@May 21 2005, 04:39 PM
GSR has 128 lbs of torque BTW...
[post=502056]Quoted post[/post]​

haha sorry. I was thinking of the RSX-S.

GSR - 128 ft lbs.

Originally posted by 2000Si+May 22 2005, 12:29 AM-->
B16RacerN2NR
@May 21 2005, 04:39 PM

GSR - 128 ft lbs.
[post=502140]Quoted post[/post]​

I guess you dont know about the refrence section of hs. Its OK. But its there under forums, read only, and under refrence materials.. Hondaswap lists pretty much every engine and how much hp/torq it has, and what car it came out of. Also lists what OBD it is.

Originally posted by 5speed4life+May 22 2005, 01:10 AM-->
Originally posted by 2000Si@May 22 2005, 12:29 AM
B16RacerN2NR

GSR - 128 ft lbs.

I guess you dont know about the refrence section of hs. Its OK. But its there under forums, read only, and under refrence materials.. Hondaswap lists pretty much every engine and how much hp/torq it has, and what car it came out of. Also lists what OBD it is.
[post=502153]Quoted post[/post]​

haha damn noobs. yes i know all about the reference section, and the real numbers of the GSR.

At that time though I was thinking of the RSX-S's torque production numbers rather than the GSRs since I was just having a conversation about the type S on a different board... an honest mistake.

oh and I know the OBD levels/years by heart. ;)

Originally posted by 2000Si+May 22 2005, 01:19 AM-->
Originally posted by 5speed4life@May 22 2005, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by 2000Si@May 22 2005, 12:29 AM
B16RacerN2NR

GSR - 128 ft lbs.

[post=502153]Quoted post[/post]​

haha damn noobs. yes i know all about the reference section, and the real numbers of the GSR.

At that time though I was thinking of the RSX-S's torque production numbers rather than the GSRs since I was just having a conversation about the type S on a different board... an honest mistake.

oh and I know the OBD levels/years by heart. ;)
[post=502155]Quoted post[/post]​

Lol. yeah so do i. I just seen the thread starter has 2 posts, thats all.

Better? Thats your preference. If you are looking for which is the faster in stockish form that would be a 94 civic with a GSR swap.

There is such a thing as retail value. The SI is a much nicer car. Take it from someone who owned 2 EGs and then bought an SI. Granted the EG would be much faster (mine went 13.7 at 103 mph in a coupe with just ITR cams and ITR pistons) but the SI is a better investment. The SI will have have a much larger group of prospective buyers when it comes time for you to sell it as well. Try pawning a swapped and gutted EG to an adult looking for a comuter car. :p

I'd say look at what your application for the car would be first. do you want a daily driver, or a weekend warrior. are you going to drag it or autox it. these are important in deciding your car, granted the civic si is a newer car and may hold more value, the coupe is a well respected car with a decent engine. a good begginner car. personally i'd throw the gsr in the 94 civic, whether its a sedan, coupe or hatch, its still going to be faster than the si. good luck

but, si's get stolen... probably even more so than hatches or gsr's. lol

the si is nice.

i hate the seats--- ride like a truck IMO, real high. i like to be low in the car... thats really my only complaint with the chassis.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@May 25 2005, 03:13 PM
but, si's get stolen... probably even more so than hatches or gsr's. lol 

the si is nice.

i hate the seats--- ride like a truck IMO, real high.  i like to be low in the car...  thats really my only complaint with the chassis.
[post=503461]Quoted post[/post]​

I don't sit up that high, and I'm 6'.

My only complaint is either my knees are always bent, or I sit back and my arms are stretched way out to hold the wheel/shift.

Had the car for a year and a half and I still have yet to find a happy medium for that.

edit: if i had to do it all over again, i'd find a cheap eg/ek hatch and drop a b18c into it anyway.

Car payments + insurance > my paycheck

My only complaint is either my knees are always bent, or I sit back and my arms are stretched way out to hold the wheel/shift.

ahhh, Integra Sedan, I'm 6 3" and ride comfortable in that thing, check out a GSR sedan if your lookin for room.

ahhh, Integra Sedan, I'm 6 3" and ride comfortable in that thing, check out a GSR sedan if your lookin for room.

good call, im 6" and that was my last car 94 gs-r sedan, i loved that car, but someone ripped off all my electronics and slashed my tires and insurance said... :shrug2: now ive got a 93 civic ex w/ b18b and im thinking about swapping in an JDM ITR this winter :D

but im still crammed in this car!

IMO, go with the hatch/gs-r, youll have fun making the rich guys mad as you pass em' with your little hatch

Originally posted by wanderinman@May 25 2005, 08:17 PM

[post=503612]Quoted post[/post]​

I'm already too far into this car, not lookin to sell it. I can deal with the room problem. I <3 my car.

Back