2 turbo 99-00 civic si questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

get_nick

These snozzberries taste like snozzberries...
VIP
I was wondering if you can keep the ac and ps if you turbo the stock b16. i was just looking for extra daily driver power. Also, i was reading in a magazine last month that a stock b16 can hold up to 9 psi on pump and 14.3 on race gas and put down around 220 and 325 respectively. I think it was super street correct me if anybody else saw it. thanks, nick

The 325 sounds a bit high, but ive never done it, so you never know what is possible. Maybe with some new injectors you might be able to pull it off. 220 does sound about right w/ 93 octane.

Originally posted by get_nick@Sep 1 2005, 11:43 AM
I was wondering if you can keep the ac and ps if you turbo the stock b16.

this depends drastically on the manifold design, turbo placement, wastegate placement, downpipe placement, and intercooler size.

i was just looking for extra daily driver power.

dialy driver with no spare/beater, i'd stick to all motor.

Also, i was reading in a magazine last month that a stock b16 can hold up to 9 psi on pump and 14.3 on race gas and put down around 220 and 325 respectively.

that's just utter bs.

psi is a measningless number.

that's like saying "pissedoffsol can hold 15 cans of XYZ"

ok, so how BIG are these cans? shape? size? stackable?

psi doesn't break parts, power does.
a stock b-series can take about 300 to the wheels, with a proper tune. for a daily driver, i would aim a little less.

race gas or not, thats the limit of the parts in the motor itself.

you can EASILY hit 400 or even more on pump gas with a good set up.

I think it was super street correct me if anybody else saw it. thanks, nick
[post=548258]Quoted post[/post]​

oh, stupid street....

yeah, do yourself a favor and use the mag to wipe your ass with.
its good for pics of bitches and body kits, but they don't have a freakin clue.

every notice how everything they do, they go to X shop? they don't do a damn thing them selves...

maybe it was turbo or modified mag.i really don't remember. super street has lost a lot of credibility though.

i understand psi is meaningless because different turbos do different power and the same psi. i was looking for a conservative 250hp or so on the stock long block form. i would like a smooth power curve and was just looking for something that would give me power to the pedal without a lot of lag.

i was looking at something like this. How would this suit my application for what i'm looking for?
vecco turbo kit on ebay

i was thinking fuel pump, fpr, and some 440 injectors. But what are the general thoughts on that turbo kit? Is it a good application for the cost and my needs? thanks!!!

kit looks ok... nothing special.. but the price is decent.

add the 440s-450s, get crome or a tuner, the walbro pump.
and a 3" exhaust.

personally, i'd probably go with the peakboost kit.

http://store.yahoo.com/cheapturbo/hobtukit1.html

its more money, but its way better parts...

not sure if it clears a/c or not... probably doesn't.

I'm running 12 psi with a T3 .48/.60 on my stock B16A on 93 octane. CR is 10.2:1. It's all good except the clutch. Dont waste your time with a FPR. Just get teh fuel pump and injectors. I'm using a walboro 255lph and DSM 450cc injectors.

We just got done throwing a stage 3 kit onto a stock 00si with a clutch. with bigger injectors, fuel pump, gsr cams, JG IM, on 91 octane @ 10psi, it made almost 300 on a dynapak, which is over 300 on a dynojet

Forgot to mention, it was NepTuned and it was tuned conservatively

Back