2000 Gsr Rims On 96 Coupe

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Tonyd0821

Banned
s3e6643cc8d0c3.jpg

s3e6643e354e53.jpg

just lowered it, what do you think?

back still looks a little high...
what set up did you go with/

I like the touch, but I might try looking for another 3/4 inch in the back and 1/2 in. in the front. (down I mean). But hey I have 17's, so what do I know :p

Originally posted by Civic_88ls@Apr 2 2003, 01:46 AM
NOT BAD.. Nice, be tight if u had 17's tho.

lemme think about it....

ummm NO

imo 17's do not belong on a civic that is going to be used for racing around town in

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Mar 9 2003, 10:55 PM

sorry musta missed this post.

the h&r's i originally ordered from my buddies shop are being sent on their way back. i got a deal on them, but instead im using the money towards the swap.

im sitting on matrix crap-overs and am suffering on a daily basis because of it. good thing is i paid not a cent for the matrix set up.
and i agree, im still messing with the ride height to make it look and ride just right. dropped all the way to the ground, it is way bouncy.
dropped 1 3/4", it rides semi decent actually. still a little bounce, but not as bad as it was when i first installed them.
i will eventually change over to h&r's as soon as i come to realize i need a decent suspension set up to put the new found power to the ground.

and for some reason....the front is lower than the rear, even when i try to compensate for it by lowering the rear a bit....front still seems kinda lower.

all in all, to everyone who is about to lower their civic, take it from me....DONT buy matrix coilovers. if you must be cheap, get some springs.
i could have probably cut my stock springs with a torch and had a better ride than the ride provided by matrix "coil overs". well not really....but maybe.

Originally posted by karnash+Apr 2 2003, 03:15 AM-->
pissedoffsol
@Mar 9 2003, 10:55 PM

sorry musta missed this post.

the h&r's i originally ordered from my buddies shop are being sent on their way back. i got a deal on them, but instead im using the money towards the swap.

im sitting on matrix crap-overs and am suffering on a daily basis because of it. good thing is i paid not a cent for the matrix set up.
and i agree, im still messing with the ride height to make it look and ride just right. dropped all the way to the ground, it is way bouncy.
dropped 1 3/4", it rides semi decent actually. still a little bounce, but not as bad as it was when i first installed them.
i will eventually change over to h&r's as soon as i come to realize i need a decent suspension set up to put the new found power to the ground.

and for some reason....the front is lower than the rear, even when i try to compensate for it by lowering the rear a bit....front still seems kinda lower.

all in all, to everyone who is about to lower their civic, take it from me....DONT buy matrix coilovers. if you must be cheap, get some springs.
i could have probably cut my stock springs with a torch and had a better ride than the ride provided by matrix "coil overs". well not really....but maybe.

are you running stock struts?? Anytime you add springs with a high spring rate and dont change the to a stiffer strut you are going to bounce like crazy. On my Accord I had Ground Controls with Tokico blues all around. I was bouncing around like CRAZY. Now, dont tell me the GCs are crap. I upgraded to Koni street specials (no yellows for my application). The bounce is gone and the ride is MUCH MORE safer and stable. Besides the fact the car is SLAMMED it rides really well. Upgrade those struts and your harsh ride will be fixed.

a finger in the hole of a leaking dike if you ask me....(and dont mean DYKE, the term used to refer to a lesbian)

any way u cut it, matrix are still crap and while my ride will be fixed
to a point if i put on the new struts,
the matrix will CONTINUE to disintegrate (as they allready have in
the past month or so that i have had them)
day by day.

im just going to wait a few few few months till i got enuff $$$ to get the h&r's
i do belive they come with struts? if not then i have been grosley (sp?)
misinformed.

in retrospect, i almost wish i had gotten two pairs of matrix coilovers.....

one set to shit on, the other to cover it up with.

Back