2000 Si Flashing Chck Eng. Light. Missfire causes?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

double0Si

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
VIP
Im new to Hondas and I recently got a pretty much stock 00 Si. Its got a lot of miles (18X,XXX,) but it was running great until this morning. I let it warm up properly and was just driving around normally, but then gave it a quick run through the gears when provoked by some jack ass in a dodge ram. Shortly after I noticed the engine was obviously misfiring. I took it to Advance Auto parts to read the now flashing Check engine light. It threw 1. Random missfire, 2. Ignition system missfire, 3. Down stream o2 sensor, and 4. Emission system control something or other. The last two have been on since I bought it do to an aftermarket cat back. I replaced the plugs (NGK R v-groove,) wires (replacement,) cap and rotor also stock replacement. While I was swapping them I found what I thought to be the problem in that the rotor had some of the plastic ribs broken off and sitting in the cap. BUT when I started it up and let it idle it is still shaking and the check engine light is still flashing. I also just changed the oil with Valvoline Max Life yesterday, its not leaking and the level is normal. ANY IDEAS? sorry so long just thought Id clear up some things I figured I'd be asked.

also I know this isnt swap related and im sorry but im movin to Chicago next week and I really need to get this out there.

it sounds like the primary coil inside of the dizzy could be going bad, also the o2 sensor, buy a resistor, they have them readily avalible at misc. online stores, it sends a steady signal to tell the ecu that the cat is working. your best bet is to just buy a new dizzy and put it in because it comes with all the guts so it makes more sence. hope the info helped bro good luck

before seeing that I went out and bought a new coil. Still screwed up. Ive also heard it could be the IAC which makes the ECU think its a missfire. Sound right?

Back