2003 Acura RSX

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Honda20000

I'm going to try out a 2003 RSX this Saturday. It's got the K20A3 in it with an automatic, leather and moon roof. I've read in some of the forums here that some of you guys dislike the A3 of all the K series. Is there reasons behind this or is it just easy to say? I need a car for back and forth for work and I want to stick with Honda stuff as they have done me no wrong. I would like opinions from anybody. The other car I'm going to test drive is a 2003 Honda Accord coupe with the K24A4 in it. Which engine in your opinion would be the better engine for upgrading and getting more performance? Both cars are equally priced. Keep in mind that I know the Accord is heavier and the RSX looks better. Help would be much appreciated. Thanks

Performance + commuter = a failure for one or the other.
and it starts with the automatic....

I like the automatic, I don't have to shift a billion times in the city. I'm not gonna race it or anything, I just would like more performance than stock, that's all. 160HP is nice but more is better.

not a good base to start with. I/H/E is all your really going to do. even still you wont see the gains as much because you have....

an automatic :lol:

Like B said. you cant have both.

If its a commuter than keep it that.

Buy a v6 accord auto. It's faster than any bolt-on automatic k series car will ever be. The money you throw into bolt-ons could instead be spend going for the v6. Plus, the car will still be quiet and have decent resale value.

Yeah took it for a test drive, I don't know why everyone is crazy about these cars. Seats were stiff, wasn't that impressed with the interior and for 13k Canadian for a 2003 car......

the type S is much better.

the seats can be adjusted on the sides. You can opt for a stiff, archy center OR release the lever and you kind of sink into the seat pretty comfy. :)

i like my RSX

the type S is much better.

the seats can be adjusted on the sides. You can opt for a stiff, archy center OR release the lever and you kind of sink into the seat pretty comfy. :)

i like my RSX
:wub:my base RSX and it has that option also on the seats

i have had SI seats, GSR seats, CRX SI seats, stock civic seats and have sat in NSX seats and S2000 seats and the RSX so far are my fav.

the base RSX is slow... even with a 5 speed, and an auto 4 cyl accord will be slow too. for a commuter car you just need to get over your need for speed i think.

and as far as seats, my fiancees 03 RSX has some of the most comfortable seats ive ever sat in. everyone who rides in her car mentions how comfy it is. her car is our trip car, it gets 30mpg on the hwy and cruises quietly and comfortably at 80mph all day.

$13k is waaay too much money for a 03!

The base rsx isn't that slow infact I think its pretty quick. Its faster than my crx with a b16 and my integra gsr with a poor mans type r and it is faster than my buddies 00 si. I love how quick my base is, and sure the type s is a lot quicker but the base is still a sweet ass ride

Nothing wrong with automatic. Some of the fastest eclipse's are automatic. You just need to beef up the trans/axels if you want to race.

Since you are just looking for some extra umph, I'd suggest the typical I/H/E. Unfortunately Hondata Reflash won't work on your car since its not manual.

Nothing wrong with automatic. Some of the fastest eclipse's are automatic. You just need to beef up the trans/axels if you want to race.

Since you are just looking for some extra umph, I'd suggest the typical I/H/E. Unfortunately Hondata Reflash won't work on your car since its not manual.

the reason those cars are automatic is because CONSISTENCY. you just cant put down consistent times in a manual. well you can, but not nearly as much as an automatic.

also, nice thread revival :ph34r:

1.) This thread is pretty damn old. Just FYI.

2.) True about the Eclipses, but you also have to consider that Mitsubishi produced turbo and AWD Eclipses with automatics, and those trannies are designed with appropriate gear ratios and are beefy enough to take the abuse that gets thrown at them. Most of the automatics that Honda makes for their 4 cylinders however are geared for economy and are not particularly known to stand up well to abuse.

3.) You actually can reflash an auto RSX, just not the 05-06 versions.

Back