2003 Infinity G35 Sedan

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

adnoh

I'm interested in an 03 G35 Sedan, not coupe.

Anything to say about it? I looked around at the Infinity forums and everyone seems to be pleased with it so far. Anyone heard any horror stories?

The only problems I've heard so far are that they've had problems with the front brakes wearing prematurely, and in some cases, the rotors being scored by the pad within 3K. Infinity was willing to extend the brake warranty, but appearently it wasn't enough.

Other than that, seems clean.

Any input?

Quoted post[/post]]
I'm interested in an 03 G35 Sedan, not coupe.

Anything to say about it? I looked around at the Infinity forums and everyone seems to be pleased with it so far. Anyone heard any horror stories?

The only problems I've heard so far are that they've had problems with the front brakes wearing prematurely, and in some cases, the rotors being scored by the pad within 3K. Infinity was willing to extend the brake warranty, but appearently it wasn't enough.

Other than that, seems clean.

Any input?

I have not heard anything about the brakes. There's TONS of after market support so you really should let that hold you back. www.mynismo.com

anywho. I dislike the body style of the sedans but they're still good cars. Would I take a G35 sedan over the other cars in its class? no. I'd much rather have a 330I they look so much nicer.

So, in it's class we've got the Audi A4 3.0, BMW 325-330i, Mercedes C230 - C240, lexus IS300, and Acura TL.

Let me give you my reasoning for the G35:

The wife has the A4, and has expressed that she'll kill me if I get one too. I cant find a good rate on the mercedes if my life depended on it, and their warranty sucks. In terms of the BMW .... would never drive one. When my wife and I got the A4, we test drove a 330ci and a 325I (among others) and were thouroughly dissapointed in just about every aspect. The car felt cheap and for the money, was out performed and out optioned. The IS300 has horrible write-ups and is extremely expensive to maintain, and I hate the interior. And I've never liked the TL.

I'm looking for a 4-door luxary/sport sedan with some gonads. What else is out there??

chrysler 300c srt 8 hehe (slides up into my top ten list of future automobiles)

I love the TL, great looking car and awesome interior, fwd but whatever its a nice car. the G35 is UGLLLLYYYYYYYY god its hideous, i cant stand to look at them. Take a look at the new Passats, they are pretty neat.

Well, the Legacy GT is a nice car, but not really my cup of tea. I'm not too impressed with the interior (looks a bit cheap and plastic, espcially compared to the G35, A4, and the Benz), but the engine is pretty sweet. Maybe I'll give it a drive. But then again, for that price, the STi has 4 doors as well, but I wasn't planning to go in that direction (I wanted to get out of the sports car, and into a luxary daily driver)

The Volvo S40 T5 is also a nice car, maybe I'll see if EVOLVE kits can be had up here. But that's just getting into alot of $$$

The IS300 and 250 are totally out of my price range. Too new.

The 300C is pretty sweet, but I honestly still can't do the domestic thing. If I could afford the SRT8, it'd be a diffrent story .... I think I could get over my self in time to buy one :)

To be honest, I absolutely LOVE the way the G35 sedan with the Aero package looks. Black on black with blacked out windows. It's just hot. I dunno...maybe I'm wierd. An Eibach pro kit and some super-deep dish 18's (like the Enkei PK6) and it'd be killer. I dont usually like ugly things ..... christ, my wife is hot, for those of you that have seen her...... I don't understand how everyone hates them. :laugh:

your not wierd

they are nice cars

tint.jpg

shitty materials, shitty interiors, shitty seats, terrible handling.... rediculous price tag..... and you are buying a maxima.

His wife has an overpriced/rebadged Passat, just as I do.

Opinion:
The maxima is ugly, the G35 is sexy.
The b5 Passat is ugly, the a4 isn't.

Adnoh got it right with the black on black and deep dish polished lip 18's.

As for reliablity/problems. I have no idea.

Instead of getting an a4, get an S4 to bother your wife just a little. :mrgreen:

Quoted post[/post]]

:nod: Yep...like that one. Add in some deep dish 18's, Skyline badging, and I'm spent. Beautiful.

Definately #1 on my list, but who knows. There's so much out there.

Please dont do the Skyline badges. Why rice up a nice car? I would only consider putting skyline badges on that if it was the 03 5spd coupe and i did atleast some work to it.

Quoted post[/post]]
His wife has an overpriced/rebadged Passat, just as I do.

Opinion:
The maxima is ugly, the G35 is sexy.
The b5 Passat is ugly, the a4 isn't.

Adnoh got it right with the black on black and deep dish polished lip 18's.

As for reliablity/problems. I have no idea.

Instead of getting an a4, get an S4 to bother your wife just a little. :mrgreen:

Heh .... ya that would be too funny. But knowing how she works, then next day she'll trade in her A4 for an RS4. The wife got her rims in today as well and they're sick-ass. 18" Enkei PKR's in gloss black with polished lip, and BF Goodridge G-Force KDW T/A NT's in 245/40/18. I'll post up some pics for you because you're an Audi owner too and will appreciate it.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

:nod: Yep...like that one. Add in some deep dish 18's, Skyline badging, and I'm spent. Beautiful.

Definately #1 on my list, but who knows. There's so much out there.

Please dont do the Skyline badges. Why rice up a nice car? I would only consider putting skyline badges on that if it was the 03 5spd coupe and i did atleast some work to it.

I know what you mean, but technically, both coupe and sedan are true Skylines. No fake "Type R" badges here. They never made a production GTR for this model year. I would be a serious ricer if I put GTR badges on it. I dunno, I see both G35 sedan and coupe as Skylines, not G35's so it seems natural to badge them accordingly.

ugh, not another "well its okay to rebadge my car..." I wouldnt do it, because all the people who dont know will make fun of you and point it out and laugh... personally i dont see why youd want to... i mean taking them off is fine, but to put other ones on.. i dunno. Whoever called it rice... im kinda with him, but i dont call it rice i call it stupid.

whats the benefit? whats the pro to doing it?

Back