2004 Acura RSX into 2005 Civic Ex Special Edition

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Abducted

Hello, this is my first post on here. I came here because I just got my 05 Civic and I want to beef it up cause it’s current D17 takes a while to get up to speed.

My co-worker said I should throw in a RSX engine into my car, but I know I would probably need more tha just the engine. I couldn’t find a swap video to reference so I thought I would ask here. What other parts would I need to do a swap like this, and how much would it cost if this is even worth it.

Thanks for your help.

Complete waste of time for the cost of putting a kseries in it you can literally buy a rsx or ep3 si civic , sell it and buy something else or just daily it till can have a side project, im assuming its auto also

Is the car auto or manual? The swap shouldn't be overly difficult. The chassis is basically the same. If it's automatic though, I wouldn't bother. That base RSX engine does have about 20 horsepower over the D17, but it's not worth spending a grand or more on. If you've got a manual Civic and you're looking at an RSX Type-S motor though, that's a pretty decent upgrade.

But yeah, you could also just sell and look for an RSX if that's what you want.

i mean there are 5 running driving ones near me that can be had all under 2500 bucks and all were manual in OK/DECENT shape , all base models but its still IMO nicer/more sporty than the base civic and is a much better performance chassis because it actually has real part manufacturer aftermarket support and the kswap and electronics are already there , if you have 1k to spend on the swap sell your car for 1500 in a weekend easy and buy a RSX lol
rsx.png

i mean there are 5 running driving ones near me that can be had all under 2500 bucks and all were manual in OK/DECENT shape , all base models but its still IMO nicer/more sporty than the base civic and is a much better performance chassis because it actually has real part manufacturer aftermarket support and the kswap and electronics are already there , if you have 1k to spend on the swap sell your car for 1500 in a weekend easy and buy a RSX lol

The only thing that's lacking for the RSX is shock options. Plenty of coilovers out there, but if you don't want coils, Koni Yellow is basically your only option.

The only thing that's lacking for the RSX is shock options. Plenty of coilovers out there, but if you don't want coils, Koni Yellow is basically your only option.
yea but I know alot of guys that even track their RSX's on like oe replacement quick struts with aftermarket springs (ex: Tein/Megan etc) the macpherson setup isnt bad

yea but I know alot of guys that even track their RSX's on like oe replacement quick struts with aftermarket springs (ex: Tein/Megan etc) the macpherson setup isnt bad

Yeah, that works. Just wish there were more options. I don't understand why Tokico doesn't make a "blue" shock for the RSX chassis. Looks like Megan used to make sport shocks, but they must have stopped some years ago.

It's weird. I mean, yeah...there's not that many RSXs around compared to Civics, but still. Lots of coilovers available, but no shocks.

yellows are fantastic and can be customized as well.

states can require same year or newer swaps only. it is certainly possible to swap an older K in.

Back