2004 CIVIC, best power gains

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

reckedracing

TTIWWOP
VIP
so i have a couple questions for anyone with new civic knowledge, i am very grateful for any replies, even if its just where to look for the info
so thanks in advance

so anyway, my ex got a 2004 civic, its a POS auto, but I would like to help her out anyway

so i am under the impression that this either has a D17, or the K seres motor, if someone could clarify i'd appreciate it...

so assuming its the d17 vtec, whats the best way to get a power gain, i have heard rumors that honda dumbed down the ecu, and all you really need to do is tune the hell out of it and you'll get substantial gains?
is this true, or does this only apply to the K series motors in the new rsx's?

again, ANY help would be appreciated, i posted in the this forum cause i am mainly interested in tuning the ecu, not going FI or motor swap or anything like that
thanks

si = k20
everything else = d17

the ecu shit you hear about is the k-series. i've yet to hear of a d17 ecu being modded.

SHE GOT THE EX...

THE SI IS ONLY AVAILABLE IN HATCHBACK MODEL RIGHT?...

my bad lol

tax program i use requires all caps...

so any ideas for me to make this biaches car go faster?
she's getting into hondas now thank god, so i wanna keep her into it...

so far she's only gotten tint done, i know, whoopty shit, but its a big deal for her to shell out 140 or 160 on anything for her car
lol

here's an idea
well, she wants to get a new front grill cause she thinks the black plastic one looks like shit, so i support that change....

but she also wants rain guards cause she has light beige interior and she says when she smokes butts the dirty rain water comes in her window, so i told her i would rip those pieces of shit off if she got them...

but i was thinking, what if we painted them to match the car, i have never seen it done so whats your thoughts on that idea?
and if they looked decent then i would get her the sunroof wind guard and also paint that to match the car...

anyone ever seen rain guards painted? sounds geigh, i know, but she isn't gonna back down on her idea, so i need to find a way to make it acceptable

and she wanted to get fuckin muds flaps, just so you guys know what kind of tard cart i'm dealing with here, and you wonder why i dumped her
lmao

thank you much
i will look at that tmw
does it have any info on mods besides turbo, swap, or nitrous?

thanks again
keep em coming

best feeling I ever felt on a Single cam civic was changing the flywheel to a 7 lb one, or the lightest you can find.

HUGE difference, car felt way better.

Jeff

painted rain guards on a civic looks dumb. I seen a white 5th gen coupe and it was white with white rims and it had the 2 rain guards painted and it just didnt fit. It looked weird.

Originally posted by Import Builders@Apr 9 2004, 01:23 AM
best feeling I ever felt on a Single cam civic was changing the flywheel to a 7 lb one, or the lightest you can find.

HUGE difference, car felt way better.

Jeff

but she has an automatic.

Honda's regardless of year, suck in automatics. Dont bother trying to make it go fast. Without a manual, it will always be slow.

Back