2004 Mini Cooper

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Got it reinspected and passed.

Remember that "visible rust" rule?

1623369550230.png

And, it passed re-inspection, so Monday I get full tags for it.

1623371014747.png

Last edited:
Do you guys have to have an OEM or OEM-spec muffler to pass inspection? I'd think that you could have gotten a muffler for a lot cheaper than $378?

Just curious.

Do you guys have to have an OEM or OEM-spec muffler to pass inspection? I'd think that you could have gotten a muffler for a lot cheaper than $378?

Just curious.
I would have gotten one of those $200 mufflers, but shipping was "free" and delivery time was fuzzy. It was a matter of "I didn't want to wait" so I almost paid the premium. However, a wire wheel and can of paint fixed my issue.

I would have gotten one of those $200 mufflers, but shipping was "free" and delivery time was fuzzy. It was a matter of "I didn't want to wait" so I almost paid the premium. However, a wire wheel and can of paint fixed my issue.

Ha! Apparently I didn't read well enough. I thought you had put a new muffler on. Nice work with the rehab!

The low speed fan wasn't working, so I removed and replaced the resistor, which is a common issue. While replacing it, I discovered the original was definitely bad.

PXL_20210617_222707831.jpg

Well... That didn't fix it, apparently I got a bad resistor assembly.

PXL_20210617_192353049.jpg

So, it's impossible to get to without removing the bumper, crash bar, and AC condenser -- which means I'll get to it eventually, but I'm not looking forward to replacing it again.

PXL_20210619_171813014.jpg

I think I got a bad one from the parts supplier... Which sucks, because I'm probably going to have to remove it from the car to prove to them it's bad before they'll ship me a new one.

Oh well. Car doesn't overheat, the AC is cold, and there's no other issues, so I might put it off a bit.

Here's a fun pic of it next to a Honda.

PXL_20210619_231559465.jpg

New taillights make a huge difference
Old taillights make fairly ok wheel chocks

:biggrin:

Yeah, the S makes up for that a little bit. They make fantastic AX cars but would get slaughtered by me at a track day :)

Yeah, the S makes up for that a little bit. They make fantastic AX cars but would get slaughtered by me at a track day :)

Yeah, I've driven a few S models, one was turbo one was supercharged, they were very peppy, but still equally boring. I dunno, maybe I'm broken and like driving slow econoboxes fast.

Back