2008 Honda Fit Manual Swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Xanatos

Village Idiot
VIP
So... long story short my friend Ethan moved back to Florida from NY and left his stick shift Saturn up there (his first car, we all had a love affair with that little turd). He bought a 2008 Honda Fit sport edition and loves it, and honestly after driving it and being around it I can vouch for that generation of Fit as being a really neat car.

He wants to do a manual swap. And inb4 the "why not just buy a manual fit" comments, he likes this motor/car a lot. It only has 100k on the motor and the car is clean inside and out, it even has a "blackberry" factory color that is a really nice blackish blue purple kind of thing and I haven't really seen that color anywhere else.

SO. If he were to do the swap (which I would end up helping him do no doubt) I have some parts figured out

Manual trans
Flywheel
Clutch kit
Shifter linkage
Manual Oil pan
Manual ECU
Wiring harness (?)
Manual transmission mount

Anything I'm forgetting? I've been trying to find threads and it mostly seems to be a pipe dream swap. I'm sure it could be done but there's just not a lot of manual fit's in the area, especially in as good condition as his

do fits have immobilizers in the keys? most newer honda's do. If so, you'll need the keys to match the ecu, and then you'll have a door key and an ignition key which is lame. :/

interior trim pieces might be different around the shift boot.
maybe need different axels?
doubt you'll need to change the oil pan.
cluster with a tach? (not sure if the auto has one)

honestly, if you're going to go through the trouble, just k-swap it and do the manual at the same time. spending 2 grand on fit parts is kinda a bad idea when you can spend a little more on a full k change over
or, trade it in.

do fits have immobilizers in the keys? most newer honda's do. If so, you'll need the keys to match the ecu, and then you'll have a door key and an ignition key which is lame. :/

interior trim pieces might be different around the shift boot.
maybe need different axels?
doubt you'll need to change the oil pan.
cluster with a tach? (not sure if the auto has one)

honestly, if you're going to go through the trouble, just k-swap it and do the manual at the same time. spending 2 grand on fit parts is kinda a bad idea when you can spend a little more on a full k change over
or, trade it in.

Yeah I'd kind of thought about that. My dad said he thinks it'd be doable if you could find a stick shift one at a pick and pull yard which is the current direction we're thinking of heading. The K swap is like his "dream swap" but I honestly don't know enough about it, any build threads or resources for that?

Looks like you would need the key to go with the ecu. That's a deal breaker for me. I doubt most yards keep keys around like that. Maybe you'll get lucky. And then you'd pop the door locks to change those out too to maintain 1 key.

There's a fit forum out there with documented k swaps. I don't think anyone here has done it. we are mostly 88-00 swap people on this site.

Back