3rd Gear is being wierd

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

reikoshea

HS Troll...And Mod
VIP
I dunno what is going on with my car, but i down shifted on the highway to catch up with my buddy in his maxima 3.5. When i hit 3rd gear i was at 4500 RPMs, which is a little bit out of VTEC, and as i accelerated, it felt like my engine was stalling (you know that little jumpy feeling that you get when you were first learning to drive a stick). Then it hit VTEC, and felt fine. When i got off the highway i decided to test it, and that only happends in 3rd gear out of VTEC. 1, 2, 4, and 5 are just fine. Is there any forseeable explination for that oddity?

...only in 3rd.....

I dont know but from teh symptom,s you described I'm willing to say you need to check your spark plugs and wires.

^ what he said and also could be your fuel filter... a new one is mad cheap and makes a world of difference if yours is old dirty and never been changed

all of the components you mentioned were changed about 3 weeks ago.

Originally posted by reikoshea@Jul 13 2005, 09:19 PM
all of the components you mentioned were changed about 3 weeks ago.
[post=525757]Quoted post[/post]​

I would go back and check them all. your ignition coil might be going bad too. I have never heard of a problem with bogging in a specific gear.

Do you have your O2 sensors in place and hooked up to the ECU?

yeah...apparently the shop that did my swap didnt change the wires like they said they did. Cyl 1 and 4 were all bubbly and crap. Changed the wires and its fine now.

Back