4-1 Header 2 O2 Sensor 1 O2 Hole?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Need help, my friend gave me a 4-1 header used in his VTEC DelSol, it only has 1 o2 sensor hole, my JDM B16A has 2 o2 sensors, is there a way that I can still use this header, (ie. drill another hole) or if by not using one of the sensors will the engine run poorly b/c of the poor computer reading? much help needed here, Thanks.

Originally posted by b16a91crxsi@Feb 8 2003, 11:22 AM
Need help, my friend gave me a 4-1 header used in his VTEC DelSol, it only has 1 o2 sensor hole, my JDM B16A has 2 o2 sensors, is there a way that I can still use this header, (ie. drill another hole) or if by not using one of the sensors will the engine run poorly b/c of the poor computer reading? much help needed here, Thanks.

get another o2 sensor threaded hole and get it welded into your header... it will run without but not to it's full potential. It will run too rich (which isn't always a bad thing) better off to rich than too lean.

Is there any special place this hole should be? on the stock manifold the 2 sensors are right by one another up top, now on the 4-1 header the hole is all the way by the bottom. do I just cap that off and tap 2 holes in similar places like on the stock manifold? thanks again.

Back