4wd EG Conversion

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

As far as the transmission Epic Tuning's crv transmission is virtually stock and it has held 730 hp in their coupe and 10.4's in the 1/4 mile, awd burnouts, rwd launches and burnouts. The internal crv trasmission parts are based off of the f series parts which in most cases I hear are more durable than b series parts. Im gonna test this theory but my plan is to do a little draggin but ultimately road racing and daily driving. The fact that i can use a magnetic locker or air locker will increase the street drivability enough for me to drive it without serious wear and tear on the street.

The transmission will be going to IPT Transmissions to be built. They claim 2050 dollars to build a Honda to sustain 450 ft lbs of tq and that its warentee'd. Im only putting down 670 at the max but will race at the 450 hp mark. This is my low boost race setting in Hondata

Ok So Robert at Arraut Motor Sports is completing the drop spindles in a couple of days and said he will get me some pics as soon as he can. But I have opted to remove the turbo system and do something different. This is what is going to run boost for this project car. Say hello to Magnum Powers B-Series Supercharger system.

New Performance options for the B-Series Power Plant

MagnumPowers.com

Attachments

• supercharged intercooled magnum powers.jpg
    supercharged intercooled magnum powers.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 854
  • magnum powers supercharger b18.1.jpg
    magnum powers supercharger b18.1.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 804
  • magnum powers supercharger b18.jpg
    magnum powers supercharger b18.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 1,165
  • MP Honda B Kit 34 View.JPG
    MP Honda B Kit 34 View.JPG
    95.8 KB · Views: 886
  • b18 magnum powers supercharger.jpg
    b18 magnum powers supercharger.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 932
They have already made over 450 Hp on the K-series platform and over 400 HP on the B series platform. Today he contacted me and revealed the new design using their newest blower housing and Backdoor inter cooler kit. This kit retails for just under 2000.00 and is the only boost controllable roots twin screw supercharger kit available.

Gratitude!

i was just about to post up a few lanevo conversions :lol: but looks like you are on the move, good luck i hope you can make heads and tails and a cool car :thumbsup:

Oh by all means. Please post your pics. Every piece of info I get here helps me figure out the end product. Thanx for the help

Supercharging

Their newest kit comes with a backdoor intercooler kit which can be flex coupled or vband linked but you must specify at time of ordering and also comes with an option for their own custom header based on the 4 to 1 design with a 2.5" merge collector.

Attachments

• FMIC Backdoor 2-S-A Magnum Powers Supercharger intercooler.jpg
    FMIC Backdoor 2-S-A Magnum Powers Supercharger intercooler.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 547
  • FMIC Backdoor 3-S-A Magnum Powers Intercooler.jpg
    FMIC Backdoor 3-S-A Magnum Powers Intercooler.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 652
  • FMIC Cold Side 1-S-A Magnum Powers.jpg
    FMIC Cold Side 1-S-A Magnum Powers.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 500
  • FMIC Hot Side 1-S-A Supercharger design Magnum Powers.jpg
    FMIC Hot Side 1-S-A Supercharger design Magnum Powers.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 570
honestly i wouldnt bother unless you plan to use a 4g63t and a DSM rear subframe.

if you were to use an evo engine and rear you're looking at about 4K as is

I thought about that also as an option but I didnt what to have to run 40 PSI to make 400 hp. I wanted to d a more traditional and more Conventional build first with the Honda power plant but by no means is the corvette C4 IRS and C6 braking system Conventional. The word today is Conventional! However the DSM Swaps are always on the good side over Honda for Tq numbers. Love that Idea. Just gear ratios are unfamiliar to me and what combination of DSM equipment do I use?

Last edited:
I like that DSM's Can handle Serious boost but I want to make power and be efficient in producing a well balanced car and a basis for swaps for Honda guys first before I do what I really wanna do and install the J32A type s motor with the AWD TL transmission.

Charles Warner, The designer of the Chief Designer and owner of Mangnum Powers Superchargers sent me a excel spread sheet with the calculations for Honda K series engine. Based on this table this supercharger is capable @ 9500 RPM The MPX90 Supercharger has the capability of producing 35.1 PSI with an estimated power rating for a K20 of 662 HP at the wheels. WTF! Out of a supercharger! I think the real question is what are the inlet temps like hu?

Last edited:
I would imagine that is a chassis being built with a corvette rear. Looks like a Corvette IRS anyways

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forum Runner

Back