5g (92-95) Civic Hb

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

gregariousgreg

:huh: I'm looking to hybrid a 92-95 civic hb. Which engines are best for this (ease of installation/power to weight/price/availability)? What problems will I likely run into? Just trying to get all the info before I sink any cash into things. Thanks.
-Greg-

What's your budget? Do you want to go all motor or forced induction? Do you care more about your 1/4 mile or auto cross? These questions are a must when considering a swap.

i have a 94 civic hatch and i went with a h22a motor 200hp stock and 156lbs of torque stock. this things a monster. a little pricey at first but worth it

And exactly how much cash are looking to sink into it?Do you want to drag,autoX,or just cruise around town faster?I suggest B16AsiRII or B18C1.Both are easy and a great jump in power.

Originally posted by Morhpeous@Feb 27 2003, 06:52 PM
i have a 94 civic hatch and i went with a h22a motor 200hp stock and 156lbs of torque stock. this things a monster. a little pricey at first but worth it

h22a comes with 220 hp bone stock

all b series are king of bolt ins.... and personally... if i were u i'll go with the b16a SiR II or the b18c5... i think both are great motors :D :D :D

b18c5? if you have tons of money buy one, like 5000 for the consumer. Not for meh but for anyone else it is. I am buying one this summer probably but its because I can get for 2200 shipped not 5k like everyone else. Go with a b18c1, best bang for the buck I think, and a good level to start with.

Originally posted by iamane12d+Feb 27 2003, 06:50 PM-->
Morhpeous
@Feb 27 2003, 06:52 PM

h22a comes with 220 hp bone stock

The Type S is the only one that comes 220hp(flywheel) in stock trim. The H22 power range is between 190-220 depending on model and year.
And most people don't have a Type S. I know I'm not getting a Type S, why waste the extra money for it when the internals are gonna get chucked out for aftermarket parts anyway. B)

Originally posted by Slammed89Integra@Feb 27 2003, 07:28 PM
b18c5? if you have tons of money buy one, like 5000 for the consumer. Not for meh but for anyone else it is. I am buying one this summer probably but its because I can get for 2200 shipped not 5k like everyone else. Go with a b18c1, best bang for the buck I think, and a good level to start with.

where and how are you getting the C5 for so cheap??? I might abandon my H22 project if I can get an ITR for that much.
HOOK ME UP. I have the money right now to get that motor.

:lol: Consider getting another D series, bulid it, turbo it. More torque than a B series, lighter, easy to tune, crazy power.

Rob

Originally posted by Distorted@Feb 28 2003, 12:14 AM
:lol: Consider getting another D series, bulid it, turbo it. More torque than a B series, lighter, easy to tune, crazy power.

Rob

what are you talking about?

he's not sure, just get a gsr motor or b16a. they're a great powerplant and you can always get more power out of them.

h22a's are shitty, and d-series motors are limited...the b-series motor is the best, hands down.

Originally posted by rsaeini@Feb 27 2003, 10:13 PM
where and how are you getting the C5 for so cheap? I might abandon my H22 project if I can get an ITR for that much.
HOOK ME UP. I have the money right now to get that motor.

Negative. My brother-inlaw's family owns like 6 dealerships in washington and alaska. They are park and sells and get cars for real cheap. He used to have a 89 Integra with an H22a but that didn't work out when he hit a moose. He thinks he can get it that cheap but not for sure so I am going to wait till next school year when it is all lined up and stuff.

Originally posted by Distorted@Feb 27 2003, 09:14 PM

Rob

Yah right. <_< I would never waste my money on a D-series swap just to build it up and slap a turbo on it.
Lets see, we'll price it out.

D16Z6(the only d-series worth getting) swap= $1000
turbo kit=$2000-3000 depending on turbo kit
other engine mods=$1500-3000
TOTAL(cheapest)= $4500 = estimating 180whp

B18C5 swap= $4500 = stock trim is like 170whp

You do the math...

:withstupid: :werd: I know a guy that swapped a D-Series once. He decided the 1000 was worthless he spent on getting it into a crx and decided to shoot it with a 100 shot till anti freeze came out the tail pipe and put a b16a instead. He thoguth he might as well bought a body kit!

if money is an issue then a b18b ls(cheap and easy to find) is great for just driving around town and will be faster then a b16a in the lower gears, if you plan on turbo this will be a good bet to. I'd say b18c or b16a for n/a racing, but the b18c (GSR) is very pricey and the type R is even higher priced.

depends on what you have to spend.

if you are looking for fast for 3-4k

ls swap (around 1200-1500 complete).. piece together a turbo kit and get hondata s200 with boost and there you go

Have 2500 or so to spend.. go find a cheap fucking d16y8 (better than the z6) wire it up to your obd1 car and the turbo kit from greddy is only 2k for it. Or piece you together one for less and GET HONDATA (better tunability) and you can make 200-220 on stock internals, depends if you get an intercooler or not and the condition of the motor.

If you want to go as fast NA on say 5k.. b16 sir 2, ctr cams, pistons, bolt ons and good exhuast and hi-flow cat.

Money no option.. a fully built GSR or the likes.

In a honda, you have a lot of choices. Its best to lay down the money you want to spend and how fast to you want to go on that money.. its the only way to get a CLEAR plan when dealing with honda's.

Back