5g Gauge Cluster Removal And Replace

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Spyderturbo

Hey guys, pretty basic question, did a search and couldn't find anything. Got a new cluster for my CX, with a tach! I just need to know how to pull the bezel off, I undid the two screws at the top, just need to know if there are anymore, it doesn't seem to be coming out, and I don't want to snap it. Is it clips? I'm thinking I missed a screw somewhere but I can't figure it out.....any help appreciated

-Matt

5g are a pain in the ass--take a flathead screwdriver after you take out the two top screws, and feel around the whole a/c vent and dash. There are 4 clips holding it in, you need to pry it out.

found two of the four, this will be a multiple screwdriver event :lol:

Thanks for the tip!

-Matt

BTW: Going to see AFI on Friday May 16 in Philly :D

dont forget to disconnect your hazard button plug and your clock.. then after that there are 4 screws holding the cluster.. unplug the old.. plug in the new.

umm It is real simple ona 5th gen. I did it about 10 minutes ago and only takes a few seconds. DOn't use a flat head screwdriver to pry off the bezel unless you want to leave marks in your dash. I used a dime to get it started then pulled with finger tips. The rest is easy after just getting that part out with the hazard plug and clock.

Back