6 speed EG?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SuperZaque

I'm looking to put a b18c1 into a 94 civic CX. can anyone tell me if I could stuff a 6 speed from a new rsx into this combo - how much would it cost?

E_SolSi

Member of the 20 nut club
VIP
Apexi is the only company i have seen or even heard of running a B series engine with a 6 speed tranny .... the problem is honda motors ( up untill the RSX and new civics ) all spin in the opposite direction of every other engine on the planet ( i have no clue why ) so basicly even if you could get one of the aftermarket trannys to mount up to the engine ... youd have 6 speeds in reverse ( not too usefull ) Apexi got it to work though ... they redid the engine so it would spin in reverse then mounted it backwards in the engine bay ( headder near the firewall ) .... so i would say yes it can be done... the ammount of money required to do it is absolutly retarded though and will not come anywhere near making it a worthwile thing to do

pills_PMD

i thought quaiffe made a six speed sequential or something...

chris

u can slap a 6 speed from a k20 on an f20c now, someone makes the kit. good luck getting that into an eg tho <_<

phunky.buddha

Admin with a big stick
Admin
VIP
Originally posted by SixtySecondAssassin@Oct 25 2002, 12:05 PM
the f20c is in the s2000 which is already a 6 speed, ace.

Yes, but the F20C uses a RWD transmission where the K20A2 uses a FWD 6 speed transmission.

lsvtec

GNU/Linux Evangelist
Yes Quaiffe makes a six speend sequential, it will cost you $$$ and you soul. Seriously though, they are really expensive. You are better off just leaving it a 5 speend.

chris

Originally posted by SixtySecondAssassin@Oct 25 2002, 12:05 PM
the f20c is in the s2000 which is already a 6 speed, ace.

yes i am aware of that sir, the purpose is to put the rwd f20c into a ff dc5...

SixtySecondAssassin

they sell this kit commercially? the mounts on the f20 would be on the wrong sides of the engine. has anyone ever done this?

chris

yes they do, i will try to dig up the site later. i am not promoting this swap nor even agreeing with it, just saying it is out there. they look, handle, repsond a whole lot better in a rwd corolla than a ff dc

posol

RETIRED
All said and done, WHAT IS THE POINT OF A 6 SPEED????

I mean come on- unless you want to do 1212233 mph, or feel like shifting every 10 feet like a rig, you really don't need it.

If you want more acceleration that more gears would add- run a b16 or itr tranny matted with a 5th gear from the ls.
you want to go 1000 mph, run an ls tranny, and get a cusomt FDR that is liek 2.234:1

it can be done with 5 speeds
it can be done with 4

shit, some old ass drag muscle cars are on 2 speeds.

phunky.buddha

Admin with a big stick
Admin
VIP
Actually, I wouldn't mind a 6th gear on mine... it accelerates really nicely in 5th, and it's extremely useful from 115-150... but I really wouldn't mind a cruising gear.

lsvtec

GNU/Linux Evangelist
Get an LS 5th gear for your tranny. It should still pull (I have driven a well built LSVTEC mated to a B16 tranny and an LS 5th gear).

phunky.buddha

Admin with a big stick
Admin
VIP
Originally posted by lsvtec@Oct 25 2002, 03:34 PM
Get an LS 5th gear for your tranny. It should still pull (I have driven a well built LSVTEC mated to a B16 tranny and an LS 5th gear).

Nah, I'm not going to pull the tranny again unless I absolutely have to. I'm fine on the 5th gear- I like it short like it is now. I just need a 6th.
:D

posol

RETIRED
again- its just a matter of fuel economy - thats what 5th gear is made for... manual eqiv of sorts to lockup