67210-SB2-000 Molding, Front Windshield 84 85 86 87 Honda CRX EW $110.00

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

TexasLightning

Gen 1 CRX Restorer
I have been restoring Gen 1 CRX's and have been getting desperate as the parts are going obsolete. Lately I have been reproducing the parts when I come across known good OE examples to work from. I do this as a hobby. I am usually lucky to break even on the tooling but I need the component myself so maybe others do, too.

So the most recent part is the 67210-SB2-000 Molding, Front Windshield for Gen 1 CRXs.

The part is an exact reproduction of the original molding found around the front windshield of 1st Generation CRX. The molding is exact down to the tiny details of asymmetric tabs. Single tab side is the glass side. This component has been verified to fit an undamaged Gen 1 body. See images. The molding comes with the other components that go into a windshield installation.

The kit that includes the following:

67210-SB2-000 Molding, Front Windshield – high quality reproduction QTY 1

67202-SB2-000 Rubber, Windshield Dam – equivalent reproduction QTY 1

67806-SB2-000 Spacer A, Fr Windshield – improved replacement QTY 2

The price is $110.00ea. Shipping is flat rate at $8.00 for the contiguous 48 states. Slightly more Alaska, Hawaii and outside the U.S.

The best way to install this molding is during the installation of the windshield. The molding is pushed into place immediately after the glass is set in the same applied urethane. In order to have excess urethane forced out in the direction of the molding installation, the manufacturer utilized a rubber windshield dam. I have seen many cars with this piece omitted in post OEM installations, even by professional installers. The dam not only ensures the adhesive flows in the correct direction but also sets the proper depth for the glass in the opening.

Please do email me if you have any questions concerning the parts. This includes the professional installers out there. I will not tell you how to do your job but I can offer advice on these particular cars that can make you job just a little easier.

I do not include front windshield glass or urethane adhesive.

If this molding does not match the one you see on the car now, it is most likely that the OEM Molding was replaced with a universal aftermarket during the life of the vehicle. This includes dealership installations after the components were obsoleted.

Attachments

• Close-up Windshield.jpg
    Close-up Windshield.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 604
  • Full Windshield Straight On.jpg
    Full Windshield Straight On.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 405
  • Windshield Molding and Dam.jpg
    Windshield Molding and Dam.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 426
Hi,
I've been looking for windscreen Molding for a 1st Gen CRX and came across your post.
Is this kit still available?
I live in New Zealand.
Many thanks,
David

Attachments

• 20200906_143247.jpg
    20200906_143247.jpg
    703.8 KB · Views: 400
Hi,
I've been looking for windscreen Molding for a 1st Gen CRX and came across your post.
I live in New Zealand.
Many thanks,
David
Hi David,

Yes I still have some windshield trim kits available. The kit is $110.00 USD. I will need your shipping address to calculate shipping to New Zealand.

The CRX in the photo looks great. The windshield trim is aftermarket as it is much wider than original. Look closely at the images I posted in this thread and you will see the difference.

Thanks,

Joseph
Hi,
I live in New Zealand.
Many thanks,
David

Payment ready and waiting your reply. I sent a private message with my address.
Do you have PayPal?

Many thanks,
David

Joseph,

I'm restoring an 84 CRX 1.5. I'd love one of your kits if you havenone available. Thanks for the help!

Best
Adam

I have been restoring Gen 1 CRX's and have been getting desperate as the parts are going obsolete. Lately I have been reproducing the parts when I come across known good OE examples to work from. I do this as a hobby. I am usually lucky to break even on the tooling but I need the component myself so maybe others do, too.

So the most recent part is the 67210-SB2-000 Molding, Front Windshield for Gen 1 CRXs.

The part is an exact reproduction of the original molding found around the front windshield of 1st Generation CRX. The molding is exact down to the tiny details of asymmetric tabs. Single tab side is the glass side. This component has been verified to fit an undamaged Gen 1 body. See images. The molding comes with the other components that go into a windshield installation.

The kit that includes the following:

67210-SB2-000 Molding, Front Windshield – high quality reproduction QTY 1

67202-SB2-000 Rubber, Windshield Dam – equivalent reproduction QTY 1

67806-SB2-000 Spacer A, Fr Windshield – improved replacement QTY 2

The price is $110.00ea. Shipping is flat rate at $8.00 for the contiguous 48 states. Slightly more Alaska, Hawaii and outside the U.S.

The best way to install this molding is during the installation of the windshield. The molding is pushed into place immediately after the glass is set in the same applied urethane. In order to have excess urethane forced out in the direction of the molding installation, the manufacturer utilized a rubber windshield dam. I have seen many cars with this piece omitted in post OEM installations, even by professional installers. The dam not only ensures the adhesive flows in the correct direction but also sets the proper depth for the glass in the opening.

Please do email me if you have any questions concerning the parts. This includes the professional installers out there. I will not tell you how to do your job but I can offer advice on these particular cars that can make you job just a little easier.

I do not include front windshield glass or urethane adhesive.

If this molding does not match the one you see on the car now, it is most likely that the OEM Molding was replaced with a universal aftermarket during the life of the vehicle. This includes dealership installations after the components were obsoleted.
Hello, Im interested in ordering how do i place a order? I am in Toronto, Canada, Thx,

I emailed Joseph telling him there's interest on this thread. hopefully he'll get it and come back here to help you all out looking for these parts!

Hi I need an order for my 1986 Honda Crx dx. Are you still selling these?

Hello, Im interested in ordering how do i place a order? I am in Toronto, Canada, Thx,
I still have some kits. If you can send me a direct message with your address, I can adjust shipping. Also if you have a carrier that works best in your location please advise.

Thanks,

Joseph

is there a minimum amount of posts required?

yeah, i think it's 10 posts.... i set you to the next group so you should see it now.

those with fewer than 10 can RESPOND to conversations started with them by others.

spammers ruined it for everyone.

Back