7th Gen Lx Wants To Destroy Rustang Gt...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

nutrawk669

I'm really green with the whole modding thing, and want to spend as little money as possible to get my '02 Civ LX enough power to destroy some dweeb's '88 Rustang GT. From what I can tell, and all the research I've done, I only need to get another 50 or so horsepower in order to achieve that goal. Just unsure as how I should go about it, and since most of you have done more modding than I, I figured you'd be the best people to ask.

Suggestions?

yeah. new car..... or alot of fast and furious juice

in all seroiusness there isn't a whole lotta stuff you can do right now... and some stangs are overrated and some are way underrated, it all depends what you have, my girl had a 86 gt with a fresh motor, loads of torque, but it still didn't go anywhere... it all depends on the driver..

take it to the track.

Originally posted by prawjEKt Cx@Jan 7 2003, 01:44 AM
yeah. new car..... or alot of fast and furious juice

in all seroiusness there isn't a whole lotta stuff you can do right now... and some stangs are overrated and some are way underrated, it all depends what you have, my girl had a 86 gt with a fresh motor, loads of torque, but it still didn't go anywhere... it all depends on the driver..

take it to the track.

Yeah. I know. Meh, I'm not inclined to using NOS if I can help it.

That's my best bet. I know he's got tons of torque, a few more horsies... Only problem is, his tires are about as sticky as duct tape in the noon-day desert sun.

I plan on takin' it to the track. Only way to find out ;)

Probobly the fastest and cheapest way to get your extra 50 hp is to use NO2.

The next fastest way would probobly be forced induction, but that means $$$

Probobly the best thing for you right now would be to help your engine breath a little better. Get a CAI, exhaust ( including header ) and maybe a bigger trottle body. You could try a DIY port and polish, deponding on how good you are with a die grinder of course. Its not really that hard, I did mine in a day with no real difficulties.

These might help

http://www.clubsol.com/techinfo_mechanical_5.shtml

http://www.sa-motorsports.com/diyport.htm

Back