'85 Ranger project

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

werd..... he have the slammed white one with the turbo??

yeah thats true napa and them do make them.

the intercepter swap would work, the good thing about it is the intercepter motor is faster than the stock crown vic.

You know... an sr20 swap really isn't that terribly priced either.....$1,200-$3,000 will buy you a nice complete swap. Any other ideas for a swap

I'm gonna go out on a limb here...but... 7MGTE? Either that or a 22R or comparable Toyota motor. Keeping it carb'd will ensure an easier install, but if you are planning on doing EFI anyway with a standalone, you might as well do something unique. Shit, you could throw all the ford guys a curveball and put in a 13B or something, hehe.

Actually, now that I think of it, non-turbo 2JZ-GE's are wicked cheap and pretty much found everywhere.

I think I'll leave the wink motors to the RX boys.......I thought of the entire line GTE motors before though.... The earlier supra motors, I heard, eat head gaskets when you throw boost at them. The later 2jz's are pretty expensive too.....Granted the non-turbo isn't but the turbo set up for it would be...Now that I've tooled around, I think im leaning towards the 2.3 setup...I really don't even have to swap the whole 2.3 to boost it. My home-boy with the TC t-bird wants to let it go cheap....$300 for the whole car. Im going over there in a few minutes. I'll let you guys know if I snag it....any other ideas are welcome!!!!

What all is involved in body droppin' it? Do you find a level shop floor, disassemble the frameuntil its layin' on the ground, then chop the floor board,bed, body mounts,etc until it sits even then remount it to the frame?

Back