86 civic body kit

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sk8ddy

Okay i just picked up an 86 Civic DX. I have been looking for some aftermarket body and tuner parts, with no luck. Any advice would be helpful.

read the first gen crx FAQ in the refrence section of this site...

its all about cheap upgrades to a crx, but most of the shit will probably apply to a civic...

one recommendation... definately do the dohc d series motor swap if you can find a wrecked 86-87 integra with good motor and 5 speed... you will be more than happy with it... trust me...

as far as body kit...
you;re shit out of luck...
try and find a lip kit in a junkyard or something...
anything else will either fit horribly, or not at all...

and if you are planning to make this a major project i would strongly advise upgrading to a newer chassis...
these are fun little cars, but don't get carried away with the money you put into it...
also check the floors etc for rot issues before you even put a wrench on it...

Thanks for the heads up. I only got the car for $200. It is like brand new with 30k on it, I got it from the original owner, who is about 70 years old, garage kept. I was just hoping to make it a little cooler.

O_O

Holy crap!! It's not nice to steal from little old ladies!

Andy's AutoSport makes a bodykit for the 1G CRX that would fit the hatch after a fashion, but as he said, don't get carried away.

I wouldn't even engine swap it. Just put wheels and tires on it and nothing else. Buy another car to dick around with, because what you have now is basically a brand new car. It's like reaching into a time warp.

I dont want to change a whole lot, just wanted to make it a little cooler. ANy idea what size tire and wheel will fit?

Originally posted by sk8ddy@Jun 23 2005, 05:13 PM
I dont want to change a whole lot, just wanted to make it a little cooler. ANy idea what size tire and wheel will fit?
[post=515809]Quoted post[/post]​

15x7 with a 195 or 205/50/15 will have a nice lower-profile look and not look out of proportion with the car.

check out red pepper racing [www.redpepperracing.com] for all your 3G civic needs.

No, but it would be easier to adapt a 1G CRX rear to a 3G civic than trying to do anything else adaptation wise.

Back