88 DX to 90 Si Help...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Hey,

I am not sure if I hooked everything up right, or I have extra plugs, or something is missing from my harness... but anyways.....

I have one extra plug from the stock DX harness.... which I think is supposed to be okay, but then I have this square two pronge plug on the back/bottom of the intake manifold, that looks alot like the plug on the map sensor.... so ... can anyone help me out with some info... I have some info on the DX to Si swap, and I have all charts.... but they don't address the two plugs... I can't find the square plug on my DX harness, but its on my Si harness.... so.... do I need to add in a new plug in for the one on the back of the intake, or do I leave it not connected?? please help me....!!! :huh:

:huh: are you talking about the dx harness and the si harness. Cause on the 88si harness you will have a square plug. ANd only a 88si harness will work. 89-91 have differnt plugs. If iam understanding you right you will need to get a 88si harness. GOOD LUCK! there hard to find. unless you use a 90-93 ls harness. Which will work but the plugs that go up to the res.box (inj) will be like 12" short. Unless you can rig somthing up. It is possiable to do though.

let me guess - you are using 89, 90 or 91 intake manifold on the DX - if the square plug on the Si has 2 wires, black/yellow and blue, it is for the fast idle control valve on the back of the intake manifold on the driver's side - DX doesn't have this valve - just leave it not connected - it only works at extremely low ambient air temperature when the coolant is -10 degrees C (14 degrees F) to speed up the idle for faster warm-up - you should have 3 connectors left over - the 2 injector connectors and the connector for the tandem valve (from left to right)
fa61b4fb.jpg

yeah, your right... actually, I cut two of the injectors, and used them in the setup... [thats what my instructions told me to do...] as for the one on the back.... I guess I will just leave it off.... but the tandem valve.... I am not using it...

so its not going to give me any stupid check engine light warnings because of the plug not being connected on the intake manifold?

naw man the ecu shouldnt trip white plug pictured gets left hanging or cut. the green and brown are the injector plugs from the dpfi.

Originally posted by drasticdezignz@Dec 4 2003, 09:55 PM
so its not going to give me any stupid check engine light warnings because of the plug not being connected on the intake manifold?

no, shouldn't get CEL - the 89-91 Si was the only ones with fast idle control valve - 88's didn't have it, nor did DX, HF or ZC
if you wanted to hook it up, run a wire from the blue wire at connector to ECU pin B2 and connect black/yellow wire to other black/yellow wires which connect to fuse #14

Back