89 civic dx zc probs

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Goldberg

Ok so this is my last resort. My brother has a 89 civic dx. Now this car is sorta a hack job so i just wanna see if i would be able to get it running. Umm first of the engine has zc pm6 on the block. The ECU thats in it has been changed to a pm6 now i don't know if it was done right but its there. Supposedly the intake is off a teg off some sorta i am not sure but i think it should work. The problem is we cant get it to rev over 3000 or so rpm. Right now though it doesn't even really wanna start at all but if it does it stops around 3000rpm. We have brought it many places but can't seem to get anywhere. So i know some peeps on here have done similiar swaps so any thing could reallly help.

Right now i seem to wanna lean towards distributor problems. At one point when he first got the car it ran fine till he swaped in the zc. Now i know that there is a couple wires at the dizzy that you need to change can anyone point me the way to a how to or something . Thanks in advance.

Back