89' Crx All Wheel Drive?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

that crx with the nesx motor is soooooo sick i love it!!! too bad somebody "stole" noob's idea LMAO :lol:

i read somewhere that those 4wd civic wagons had 6 speed trannys, not swappable w/ fwd civics but maybe perfect for you if you can beef it up?

All the 6 speed tranny is, is that the extra gear is a low gear for like driving in the snow. U cant go very fast at all in that gear. this swap would work but it would only be for like snow or mud driving, because it is 4wd not awd.

dude scroll up..... I already said the 88-89 civic wagon is 4WD, not AWD, I think we've established that that idea sux.

Originally posted by D16z6CrxDx@Mar 12 2003, 02:11 PM
the only awd fast hona i have seen was a guy i ran into a while back but he used the 86 AWD honda tranny from the tercel or corrola or soemthing he had that whole drvietrain with a built turbo and a 50 shot, one thing he told though was that teh tranny would always go out when he would launch about 5000 rpm, but once moving it just got up and went, i asked him if he said if it was worth it his response was "kinda"....

AWD ... is gonna hog all the power.

Its not going to be a good 1/4 car really, since its gonna hog the hp and the little torque honda motors have.

be nice for Autox tho

hey you guys i know this does'nt have anything to do with hondas or awd but i ran across a miata with a 5.0 mustang V8! i'll post pics when they come up. :eek:

YOU GUYS CALM DOWN!!! some where in the years 84-87 there was the awd wagon and it has been done before with that set-up on a crx BUT i dont know if it was the 87 si or the 89 si i think it was the 87 but yes that would be great.....

DAMN i need a new scanner but anyways no pics and yes the 84-87 civic wagon did come with awd only a few though the only problem is it transmits the same as a crv or the newer civic 90 to the front and 10 to the rear but unlike the crv once the front slips oh well life goes on no traction control

crxfreak let me know if you could find a link on this awd conversion cause i got a 87 si and a 84hf and been contemplating this swap for a while

Back