89 CRX DX d16a6 w/ mini me vtec swap HELP

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Bobeasy

I have been a Honda fan for years and have never actually purchased one. I have been addicted to the CRX ever since I first saw one and knew I would have one some day.

I luckily found a 89 dx in fantastic condition for $300, brought it home knowing the stock D15b2 with 150k and was started 10 years ago but has been sitting in a garage since then and I just don't want to put the effort in to get it started.

I opted for the next best thing which was a D16a6 I found online the other day that was pulled from a 88 si and I found later after I bought it that it had already gone through a vtec mini me Z6 swap.

I have done engine swaps before but never like this. I have searched the web for countless hours on what to do and only get general answers that I cannot understand fully.

NOTICE: The vtec hookup is unnecessary if possible, I just want to get the engine in the car and running at the moment, I can hook it up at a later time if I want.

Things I have for the swap:

-d15b2 harness (I know I need to do mpfi swap)
-p28 virgin ecu
-obd-obd1 jumper
-Engine of course
-Z6 dizzy

Things I do not have:

-a6 harness

Is there anything I am missing? Is this even possible with only using the d15b2 harness?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I understand these questions are asked every day and I hope I was specific as possible to help narrow down what needs to be done.

Last note: SORRY for the wall of text, I tried to space it out so it is easier to read unlike some of the posts I see here.

Thank you very much in advance,

Bob

you're going to need a 4 wire o2 sensor.
you will have the wires already on the jumper harness when you get it. take it off of any 92-95 civic.

Thanks, luckily the engine came with one so I don't have to go searching or buying a new one.

youre not going to need the d16a6 harness itself, all you need off of it is the injector clips, and possibly the fuel injector resistor box depending on which injectors youre using. otherwise it seems youve got what youll need. good luck.

Back