89 si with 88 accord engine?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mjp1080

I've got an 89 prelude si 4ws that I picked up for free with a blown b20a motor. This car is not going to be run on the street it is going to race as a stock car at the local track. I want to know if a 1988 a20a1 motor out of an accord will fit and run in the prelude. I understand this motor has less hp and its sohc vs. dohc, carb vs. efi. That doesnt matter to me in this case, it just needs to run. I would like to use the prelude efi on the new motor if possible for obvious reasons but if that wont work let me know. I chose this motor because i can get the whole accord in running condition very very cheap. any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks :)

I can't swear to this, but I don't believe that these swap. They might, but not many people come here for anything before 1990, let alone to downgrade.

I am not ridiculing you, but explaining why most of us won't know. I would search under third generation Accords and Preludes. I think there is a site like thirdgenaccord.com or something. Someone else please chime in if I'm way off base........

Back